Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Profile] Reset Taste Profile / History

Please allow for a reset option, so you can start all over again with a clean sheet.

For now, you have to start over with an entirely new account to do just that. And for that you need to contact Customer Support. Not very convenient.

Updated on 2020-02-26

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Yuzuki5749

I'm not really relying on my DW anymore, 'cause since I got my Top Tracks 2018, it's really completely garbage...

Mostly I'm listening to J-Music (J-Core, J-Pop, J-Rock, Eurobeat, Hyper Techno, etc.), some Hands Up and Trance.

...and now I get about 75% european Hardstyle, House and Big Room stuff in my DW, only because I liked a l few remixes of 'em...

It's totally annoying...

Today I none of the suggested tracks didn't match my music style...not even closely...

And it doesn't seems to get any better every week...

dixie636
Hi,

This is the reason I tried to reset mine. I discovered that someone else had access to my account. I didn't realise what has happened until the person who had hacked it was trying to play music at the same time as me and kept Kuching me of my phone.

I changed my Spotify and email passwords and now my recommendations are getting better again. I also saw they had added a few favourites, which I cleared. That helped too.

dixie636
Hi,

This is the reason I tried to reset mine. I discovered that someone else had access to my account. I didn't realise what had happened until the person who had hacked it was trying to play music at the same time as me and kept kicking me of my phone.

I changed my Spotify and email passwords and now my recommendations are getting better again. I also saw they had added a few favourites, which I cleared. That helped too.

quinla01

I've slowly started to tame the beast. I've been aggressively making use of the "I don't like this song" / "I don’t like this artist" feature and it's gradually starting to fall back in line with my taste. For a few weeks straight, I cleared out pretty much the entire DW playlist. Unfortunately, I fear that this means I’ve sacrificed music I may have enjoyed in order for the genre no to dominate my entire DW playlist.

Yuzuki5749

This didn't work for me so far.

As you can possibly see, I'm Asian and I'm living in Germany.

This makes it even harder to get recommendations that matches the songs I'm listening to, when I'm not using DW.

This makes the Release Radar even more important to me.

I really hope, that unfollowing the DW will turn it back to the normal recommendations I got 2017 and 2018.

I don't care, if it takes a few weeks, as long it's working as good as my Release Radar does again.

I don't get it why they don't implement a feature in the accounts control center (not in the app) to delete the history of listened or liked songs...

Just like a browser history.

I don't really think that it's that difficult...

Spencerb

You've provided no reasoning as to why you don't want users to reset their history.  Suggesting the user create a new account is not a suitable answer and you know it.  My kid messed up my discovery playlist and you won't do anything to help. This happens to many customers and clearly many people want this feature, so why be so unaccomodating about it?

pmorstad23

I cannot believe they just brushed this idea off and gave it a "not right now." Discover Weekly has been garabage for a couple years now, I listen to maybe 50% idie rock/alternative, 30% rap, 20% oldies. My Discover Weekly is 90-100% rap EVERY WEEK. 

And now my Release Radar is following a similar patter. Tons of great recommendations at first and then all of a sudeen BOOM! All rap. Doesn't matter if I click dislike on every rap song they suggest, they'll just suggest more rap. 

Very frustrating, finding new music on a regular basis is part of my life and Spotify doesn't help at all. Might make the switch to another music service. 

sharlatan

I listen to songs in many languages and went through a phase of listening to a lot of Japanese music. As a result, there are NO MORE English songs in my Discover Weekly these days. Everything is in Japanese, which does not reflect my real taste in music at all!

rpangelastro

Time for Spotify to deliver what their subscribers want.  Too many other options available now.  I will not move to Premiun until these reset options are available.  I don't need another Apple!

kenroper

This is more important than Spotify are giving credit to, I inadvertantly left my recommendations switch to 'on' and left my desk. When the album I was listening to finished, spotify decided to play me many latin language songs.

Now all of my recommendations are latin, as are my new releases radar etc...

Come on spotify, we need a way to reset these preferences - how hard can it be.

I do not want to create a new account, why should I change my email address just to acheive this  - I have had the same email address for 25 years I do not want a new one.