Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Queue] Queue to Next or Last

Present two options on rightclick, Queue Last and Queue Next. Very easy to implement, and useful. 

The way I been using spotty lately is to keep adding to Play Queue, it has gotten really long and sometimes I want to listen to something right now, then I have to add to queue and then move the songs all the way up to the top.

Mediamonkey have had this implemented since long ago. Mediamonkey is btw the best musicorganizer I've ever owned or tried. 

Updated on 2023-03-28

Hey there,

Thanks for this submission. We had a slight hiccup with moving ideas to different boards, but it's all good now.

We're setting the status of this one as "not right now", but that doesn't mean that your votes don't count.

Cheers!

Comments
beetle5

I think it's a really good idea. I've been using Tidal and I have to say that's the only thing that I really missed on Spotify and that's why I returned to Tidal. As the author of the post I want sometimes to listen to a specific song and with a long list (or a few playlists added to the queue) it's simply exhausting and time-consuming (and on the phone it's really annoying to scroll for ages...). And I also believe it's so easy to implement that's annoying (again) that it has the status "Not right now". I've been writing about it to Spotify about 2 or 3 years ago, so "not right now" changed its meaning for me 😉 Look at Tidal graphics to see how easy it can be communicated to the users of the Desktop or mobile app with a simple image 🙂 So easy to implement, easy to communicate, EASY TO USE! How about changing the status, @Spotify? 😉

mo0kie

i moved to one of the evil empires apple - although they're all pretty bad 

beetle5

I will come back to Spotify once they add this functionality 😉

clemsontiger

Still no shortcuts to move a song to the top or bottom of the queue? These are no brainers when dealing with a list/queue in terms of UX/UI. Can't move a song at all to the top, short of dragging, dropping and repeating till I get it to the top on a desktop. At least on mobile it auto increases the speed of the drag to reach to the top/bottom faster. But on desktop? nothing.  You guys already have a right click context menu with Add and Remove from queue. Is it that hard to add 2 more functions under those that say "move to top" and "move to bottom" ?

pizzicatoiv

Two options in the menu:

"Play Next"

"Add to Queue"

That's all we need. 

beetle5

Exactly that! 🙂

kravemind

please please please! this is my biggest frustration with the queue

please!

tobsz

Maybe it's too difficult to grasp and someone should make a mock-up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can offer an example implementation of a struct for a doubly-linked list (or whatever data structure is used for the queue) and proper enqueue(), dequeue(), and add_next() functions.

Tidal, Qobuz, Deezer all get this right

biggreg

YouTube Premium has a feature “Play Next” and I use it frequently to add a song to the top of my play queue. Great when a group of people are listening and discussing what’s playing - someone mentions a song and I’ll play it next. Brilliant feature!!! Please add this feature to Spotify