Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Radio] AM/FM Radio Streaming

A suggestion like this has already been marked inactive, but I do believe that Spotify can be made a more complete service by incorporating AM and FM radio channel streaming. If it would be possible to add stations in to the radio feature, perhaps separating stations into two categories, live radio and Spotify radio, then Spotify would truly become the chosen one, giving users access to virtually every legal music listening service on the market. Listeners could use the feature for new popular music, news, and talk entertainment. Similar to the way the feature currently works, listeners could save their favorite stations, and browse through lists organized by genre, location, or amplitude/frequency. Feedback from people familiar with the way that radio stations would react to third-party streaming would be particularly appreciated to solve the business end of this proposal. Let's get this second attempt at implementing a good feature a shot at getting off the ground!

Updated on 2017-08-23

Hey @Rhuidel thanks for bringing your idea to the Spotify Idea Exchange. We don't have any plans to add AM/FM Radio options to Spotify at this time. We're going to mark this idea as 'Not Right Now', but it's still open for votes and feedback. If we have any updates on this we'll post here again, thanks!

Comments
Darrellshelby74

Please add live local radio 

ChrisSharkey

Spotify could set up their own live, creatively programmed /timetabled & charismatically, creatively presented radio station streaming on the superior Spotify quality of 320kbps, + FM in some locations like Piccadilly Key 103 in early-mid 1990s. Would be nice to have a station, with a great programme of shows with funny and entertaining presenters, creatively interacting with listeners, giving a sense of community; and all that mixed with curated sequences of uninterrupted music. Presenters /shows could tailor to local communities if there was eg one for each time zone.

Chaddygirl

I too would LOVE to be able to stream live AM/FM through Spotify! It certainly would complete the package 👍🏼

dartfader

It's a great idea. Added with the real-time playlist from selected radio. It helps to discover new music too!

senned

Yes. Please add local news feeds. 

galtom

Any chance to get reply from Spotify if such feature is planned?

StefanH

Would also love this feature. Would be no need for Sonos or similar and just use Spotify Connect for all.

nnrelay

Please ADD Internet Radio stations!

This is mostly what I use my Sonos speakers for and having to Leave the Spotify app

to stream my internet radio stations is annoying.

MuscleNerd

do it sportify , add the live popular radios to the app 🙂