Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Rearrange Tracks inside a Playlist

On my iPod I can manually move my songs around that are in my playlist, but I can't do the same on my phone which is what I mostly use. It would be easier to have that option on all devices.

Updated on 2018-07-11

Hey!

The Spotify Community team here.

We're pleased to confirm that this feature should now be available to all Android users.
We'd recommend double-checking that you're running the latest version of Spotify.

Once again, thanks for showing your support here in the Community.
/M
Comments
meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it
Updated: 2016-08-22

Hey folks, we know this idea hasn't had an update in a while, but we want you to know we still think it's a good idea. If we didn't we'd change it to 'Not Right Now' to keep you all in the loop. Thanks for continuing to bring us your feedback and comments around the Android app. We're listening.

grbsoft
We already know that and thats the reason of the whole thread, this
functionality is already present on the Android app (on the
next-to-be-played playlist) however, for unkown reasons to us, is not
present in the playlists.

That's why we are asking to Spotify to implement this, with no luck so far
🙂
wolverinethad

Exactly . The fact that this is still being asked two years later is EXTREMELY frustrating. Been a premium subscriber for over a year. I expect better.

devadevi

@@meahtenoha

What? It's obviously a good idea when so many people voted for it. What can be so hard about it when iPhone app has it? Stop listening, start implementing. We are waiting. Imagine this idea is a track on Spotify playliist and you are using your Android app. You don't want to do it but you cannot reorder it to put it to the bottom. See what I just did here?

Buhler691

I can't beleive I have been using this app for over a year, frustrated about this fact and not even knowing that there is a way to move songs in a playlist using a computer !!! I have Linux and this function doesn't work with my computer. Most phones use android which uses the same language as Linux. I now understand the problem better. They have developped this function for PC and MAC I guess but not for Linux. But since most people listen to music on their portable devices, why not fix this so that these devices may have this function. The only answer I can come up with is money. Although there are many comments about this here, it is probably not a major concern for Spotify and irritates only the melomaniacs of this world. Lets hope more people will join our crusade to let Spotify know this is an important feature to add. 

hightower00

This week I cancelled my premium sub and signed up to Apple Music who have this feature on android as standard.

I prefer Spotify, Apple Music is a bit clunky, but it does allow me to reorder playlists on the hoof...

Sorry Spotify, you had your chance!

augjess96

I would love to be able to switch songs around in my playlists. It's annoying to have one song in a place you don't want it to be because the only way to get it in the spot you want is to make the playlist all over again! It annoys me that this isn't a feature because I have large playlists and I don't wanna have to make the playlist again just because a few songs aren't where I want them to be. This is my main gripe with Spotify and if this feature were to be implemented, I'd be very grateful 🙂

sirchewi3

Please add!

wmwerdna

Wow, I just subscribed to Spotify Premium but after realizing your app does not support this very important and basic feature and seeing how long this has been an ongoing problem for people I'm considering cancelling my subscription... Listen to your users!!!

merkal

How hard can it be. I love spotify and I am a premium for like a year or two and I know I will use it more but I am so sick of this. You can do it on the ios version but why can't you do it on the android version. Spotify please just listen to your customers.