Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Search] Globe Learning 🤓

I am Emanuele and I am 16 years old. I thought about an interesting idea that I would add to your platform.

I would build a world map, where artists all around the globe are shown up and you can zoom in and look for what people in that specific country/city are listening to. I would add it in the premium accounts to incentivize people to buy it. That would bring people to know more artists and be able to listen to foreign artists more easily.

For instance, I would like to improve my German, what's the best way to do it? Listen to German music and learn new vocables. So, what shall I do? I'll just go to the main world map of Spotify, zoom on Germany, and look for artists.

I'm pretty sure that this innovative idea could bring Spotify Premium listeners different benefits!

I hope that you will consider this offer and contact me. 

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Ivan
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2021-01-04

Hey @EmanueleRagusi,   

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!  

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers! 

TFuego

This is a really cool idea. Interesting to think about how to overcome conflicts when deciding where on the map a piece of music or artist is located: based off the artist’s nationality vs the artist’s ethnicity vs the language it’s written in vs music genres that are restricted to certain geographies (e.g. Afrobeats). Perhaps a filter on the map to help navigation! 

stra03

i like the idea!

PusheenMaster5

This could be a good addition to top artists as well!

sam262

I feel like this could work but there might be too many artists, there are at least 3 million artists on spotify, you cant fit all that on a map, perhaps only artists that satisfy a certain quota of listeners?

Hasamic

Seems like a niche idea that would take a lot of resources to implement. Considering that there are a lot of artists in Spotify that aren't really artists (A lot of s**tposters exist), it would seem very far fetched.

However, if this is indeed considered, I would suggest a filter system, for example show only artists with >5 000 listens per month.

hathor

Hey @EmanueleRagusi,   

in the meantime you can browse different chart playlists (top singles, top albums, viral 50) of different countries (and also Germany!). This section can be found on mobile under the search tab and the tap the charts tab.

If you are into German hiphop I can recommend you my personal playlist ðŸ™‚
almanrap - playlist by j5ingh | Spotify 

eneratejosh

This is idea is lovely!!! Absolutely +1

Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 180 votes in 6 months! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

eneratejosh

I LOVE this idea so much! I would add to this a toggle button below the map with two options: "LISTENERS" and "ARTISTS". That way, you can see what people are listening to in that city, or you can flip it and see what artists are based in that city. This would be an incredible feature! And would win me over Apple or Tidal.