[Social] Add Display Name Option for User Account

I understand that Spotify won't allow you to change the username as it is used in internal stuffs of Spotify, but how about adding a Display Name field to user's account settings that by default is the same as username and it's not used for anything else but to search the user and display it's name. That way, the user users can change it as they like ?

Marked as a new idea :)

Comments
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as a new idea :)

zane_miko
Roadie

This is a great Idea

seminocturnal
Gig Goer

Agreed! So many benefits to custom display name permissions. Visibility, familiarity, branding, privacy, etc. 

rubendax

We need this feature. Kind of crazy to not be able to change a display name, especially if there is already a static internal username.

qh-whwr_aer4

yes pleaseeeee

thegorgon55

This would be very much appreciated and as a loyal premium user of your account for a couple I would love it if you guys took the time to implement something like this 

Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10

That would be an awesome feature! I feel that would improve a lot the customisation of Spotify :)

Filnor

This would be great! I helped a friend of mine to create a new account recently and she could choose a display name, but I couldn't find an option to change this on my own account.

speklaplars

I have a verry simple idea:

I want spottify to make it posible to change your display name in the app and windows program.

This might come in handy for streamers or other people who share their screen to help / entertain other people but dont want to leak their full name.

It doesnt look that hard to implement but i think it should come in handy for some of us.

Thanks for reading my idea.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-11-22

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.