Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Party Mode with DJ that approves songs

A mode where there is one "DJ" who has ultimate control over the music being played while others can join the party and suggest songs they want to be played through the app.  The "DJ" can decide if/when to play the suggested songs.

Updated on 2020-06-25

Hi everyone!
Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.
If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
RB03

I have a couple of ideas:

1. Be able to reset your account without deleting it. This would be really nice if you decided you want a fresh start on your Spotify. Or if someone hacked your account (like what happened to me so I had to delete my account because they listened to music I would never listen to) you could start over after changing your account info.

2. Be able to remove artists/music/songs from your recently played list on iOS. This would be really great because you may have clicked a song by accident. 

OmriNim

Create a Shared playlist - where there is one admin that adds participants that can edit a playlist (like a group of friends that have a common playlist that each one of them can edit)

ashleem

Yes! In lieu of COVID-19, it’d be cool to connect by listening to the same thing! One user could be the host and send either private invites or go live with a public stream. 

joster22

I got a notification a week ago about the Group Session feature which seemed very similar to this idea. When on the same WiFi, you can join and control a friend's play session. What's weird is that I only found out about it now because apparently is has already been implemented months ago: https://support.spotify.com/uk/listen_everywhere/gaming/spotify-connect/

ryanley2

Cool idea!

Melody
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2020-06-25

Hi everyone!
Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.
If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

k-pres

This is a great idea! 

Showing the starting and ending BPMs of a song, with the ability to play two songs at once and slide the volume back and forth would also rock!

ImTehCookie

Would also be cool if there was some sort of app other people could connect to and could vote to skip a song and if more than say, 60%, of votes say to skip the dj would get notified of the majority vote and the final decision to skip would be given to the dj.

Powerline

Yes this would be pretty cool! I really like the BPM Idea as well. Add a couple of DJ effects in there as well and I can DJ everyone at the houses recommendations. Also like the OPTIONAL majority down vote idea. But think this should start with a NEW playlist that you can add other playlists to and individual songs to get up and running then open it up to everyone who scans a QR code so they can suggest and down vote and up vote songs in queue. 

This list after played should also be saved as it was played. Give us a crossfader and like a Reverb + Doubler effect 😄

Heythatsme

I think it is a great idea, I love to listen to remixes of some songs and it would be awesome to do that in the app than go to another streaming platform. I think this idea would bring more users to Spotify.