Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Automatically follow artists whose songs are saved

I went to go to my artists tab on spotify to find ideas for what to listen to today, but it's been utterly butchered with the new update. Now, you have to follow artists individually instead of being able to see the artists of all your liked songs. This is a regressive change, and very inconvenient. I can still go to my own likes songs and sort by artist there to get a list of all my artists, but that's really inconvenient cause I have to scroll through all of the songs by one artist in order to get to the next one. Plus, if I wanna play just my liked songs by an artist, I have to type in the artist's name in my liked songs playlist instead of just going to my artist library and tapping on that artist.  please fix this.

Updated on 2019-12-03

Hi everyone.

We're not planning any changes at the moment, but please keep leaving your Likes and we'll come back if we have news.

Comments
ParentalControl

No I do not like this idea. This will totally mess up the reccomendation system. Especially if you only like one song by just one artist but all his other work is garbage. If it auto follow then your going to be reccoemended all the other junk.

bwalch

This "update" is useless.  I used to browse the artists that I'd downloaded and then choose an album.  Really nice.  Now, apparently I have to follow these people and when I click the artist, I just get a list of songs.  If I don't see a choice to view "My Libary" in the old logical way again in a future update, this will likely force me to cancel my subscription and investigate another service.  

Deadjim

Only reason i am not voting for this is because i do not want to follow the artist. I just want the artist i have saved songs of to show up in the artist tab...you know..like how it should.

jakelampe22

It's so irratating! Not sure who came up with the idea to change it, but its **bleep**

ajewers

'We've updated the title to make what you're requesting clearer to other users'

This isn't just a request to automatically follow an artist if you've saved some of their songs.

Following an artist and saving one or more songs are not the same. Bring back the ability to browse saved music by artist, it's that simple.

Why is Spotify being so deliberately obtuse about this glaring problem and obvious regression in functionality?

llmerritt1

Take a look at your community comments!!  My guess is 99% of your customers hate the new upgrade and want the old former one reinstated.  Specifically, read all the comments (and count them as well!) under these 3 forums: "New Liked Songs and Saved Albums problem", and "Can't see the number of songs in a playlist in new app update", and "New Update June 2019 sucks SWITCH IT BACK!".

Any by the way, I received this 8/15 email:  

Hi there,

Thanks for recently contacting Spotify customer service! We would love to hear your feedback about how we did in helping you with your question or issue. Please click here to take a few moments to complete our quick survey.

Have a great day!
Spotify Customer Support

Please do not reply to this email. For further assistance, visit our contact form.

ref:00DDpxIW.5002o00002CJXUH:ref

No one at Spotify even answered my question to you because I hadn't even reached anyone at customer service!!  I did complete the survey, and everything was negative because my question/concern wasn't answered.  Who runs this place anyway?  No phone number, no place to chat.  Your latest update DOES SUCK.  It wasn't broke, so you didn't need to do that upgrade.  This is a very incompetent way to run a business and the lack of proper, knowledgable feedback by you is awful.  You don't reply to anyone's questions in the forums, you're not listening to your customers!!

HopelessUser

The comedy of this is that they edited the title to match their own stupid UI.

The user was requesting that the interface functions like it USED TO. Not "automatically follow."

Nobody wants to "follow" artists. It's a meaningless part of the app. Does this have something to do with revenue? I still don't get why it was changed to operate this way.

AwokeHere

No. 

WriterDreamer

This is similar to https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Remove-individual-track-from-saved-album/id.... Some people like separating the concept of "followed artists" from "artists who happen to have made a song I like." A lot of people don't. Same with albums. Make a UI toggle to "show only saved songs" (for albums) or "show all artists" (incl of saved songs) or something—or else give us a track and artist view on our liked songs (rather than just one giant playlist, who wants that??). I'm going to Napster to get that functionality back.

HardDriver

Absolutely stupid that I can create a library of liked songs, and I can't just say, I want to listen to song by "artist" and listen to them.   Instead I now have to follow people .  I don't want to follow them.  This isn't twitter.   Just let me play the songs by an artist I like.