Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Order/sort albums by release date/year

Now that the original release year should be available please add an option to the new album view to use it for sorting.

there could be options for at least:

"SORTED BY ARTIST / YEAR"

"SORTED BY ARTIST / TITLE"

"SORTED BY YEAR"

There could be some kind of subtle separator where the artist changes when listing the album covers. Also the release year should be shown in the album images.

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this Idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue passing along your feedback to the right teams.

If we have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
peperon

I'm just seconding what everyone else has said but it's actually asinine that this was suggested 8 years ago and still hasn't been implemented. You're running a music service, sorting in release-order is beyond common it's literally the industry standard... come on now.

jbeaver78

Yes, I definitely want this!  I'd like to be able to listen to albums from oldest to newest without having to catch the last track of the one I'm currently on.  Also, it'd be nice if I could hide singles from the albums in the view so I'm only seeing whole albums (unless those singles are not on any album).  It's also be nice if this was acknowledged within the 8 years it has been posted here.  You'd think someone would plan implementation within at least 2 years.

brietman

I repost it again. There is a web based program, where you can browser through your albums grouped and sorted by year. See: https://albumsbyyear.joshuarainbow.co.uk/

It works pretty great. But a Spotify version would be even better.

I first thought it is something database limited (more cache for saving more views). But It seems the Kodi plugin can sort your albums too. Only, the view must be saves locally (same like the webapp I just posted).

sevenside

Мне очень важна возможность сортировки альбомов по дате выпуска

tomitomio

The lack of sorting by release year is the tragedy of this program. For people who have been arranging creators for years, this is the basic tool for creating a playlist. The current lack of this sorting is torment and pain. Everyone talks about it but not spotify 🙂

rahulnever2far

Please add this feature Spotify!

princessofcairo

This is a much-needed feature. I curate new music playlists and would like to be able to sort my albums by release date so I don't have to scroll through the dozens of other albums I have saved in my catalog.

Xanati96

I need this so much. It's the most frustrating experience of every single day of operating this app. It is quite literally the source of all my playlist issues and I wish it could just be implemented before I just migrate to another platform that DOES have sort by year. I custom organize my playlists by chronological release of artist's first album, and sorting everthing by year or date of release would make this ONE THOUSAND TIMES easier on all of my playlists with all of my songs. If I were to migrate to another platform that DID have this, I could hours if not literal DAYS having to painstakingly organize every single one of my playlists this way.

Xanati96

So I see that Tidal and Apple Music have this feature, are there any other good music streaming apps that have this feature? I've heard Youtube music has this but I want to confirm before I migrate. This is literally such a dealbreaker for me I need to look for other options. 

Akélé

HI @theteacat.

I’m very grateful for your website, I use it every week, I want it to thank you and ask for something.

Can you please let us write a little description beside the album name. Like 5-8 letters, just to mark something like (fav, listened,…)

Thanks anyways !!