[iOS][Discover] Restore Touch Preview on iOS App

Touch preview removal on last iOS vers. update looks like it hasn't been a great idea. You are on time to restore it, one of the best Spotify features.

Updated on 2019-03-19

Hey!

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

This feature was originally removed from the app due to low engagement. There was a statement at the time which you can check out at https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Touch-Preview-on-iOS-removal/td-p/1857905.

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as it's not something we have any immediate plans to add back onto the app.

If we do have any new info to share we'll check back in here with a new status.

Cheers!

Comments
Jake0

I miss this so much! 😭 Please, please find some way to bring it back!

Moets

Please bring it back, thank you

M7CHAEL
Music Fan

Apparently it wasn't used often enough to warrant it still being coded in. Would love to see it come back and be on Android though.

Drew-40

This is the feature that made me choose Spotify over Google Play. If it's not returned I will switch. Unfortunate but true. 

Alsony

One of the features that made me choose Spotify over Apple Music, now it's gone! 

textoraxel

Are you guys crazy to remove that ?! 🤦🏻‍♂️

It was one of the most useful feature....

can
Casual Listener

i was using it a lot, especially in search results. i'm very upset that it is gone.

no preview causes more data usage. that's not a good sitaution while on LTE.

shoelessyo
Casual Listener

I'm in the process of deciding between Spotify and Amazon for my music. Touch preview was one of 2 features pulling me toward Spotify instead of Amazon. Taking this away now tilts the decision toward Amazon. Amazon lets me upload local music for streaming or download to any device. Spotify's local music process is very cumbersome and annoying.

AbsolutNut

Extremely disappointed by this! Used it all the time to browse new releases/discovery each week. I cannot believe people don't use it - perhaps they didn't know about it?

skhan13

Please tell me they will bring it back and this only temporary! I've added so many new songs I didn't know because of this. I am very bummed they took it away! Is there someone I can message? How can I share this, so more people can vote?