Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Puffpaff

I’m also waiting. Can only hope this won’t take as long as the Apple Watch version with streaming capabilities which is in beta.

It’s kinda hypocritical suing Apple for antitrust and then being slow af and not taking advantage of the APIs Apple finally provides. 

jojule

Waiting for this to switch from Apple Music to Spotify

sebcthiebaud

I’m seriously considering canceling my Spotify Family membership at this point. Please make this possible for the HomePod. I’m about to retire all Alexa devices in my home and replace with Homepod Mini. I’m tired of shitty Amazon devices and want the best of both world: Spotify and HomePod. Please. Please. Please. 

Melkersson

I want to buy the HomePod but won't do it until this support is fixed!

Brendan_Casey

I’m also seriously considering ditching Spotify Premium for Apple Music due to Spotify slow walking the Home Connect or Airplay 2 capability. Such a shame. Several of my HomePod-owning friends have already made the switch to Apple Music and are thrilled with the improvement.

BrooklynBen

Our house has a HomePod and some Sonos speakers; I'm a looong-time Spotify user, and would prefer not to use Apple Music, but if Spotify doesn't go for native support, I'll feel pretty compelled to leave. End of story. 

tkintali

Pandora finally got the update today... hopefully we'll see something from Spotify's end soon.

cbln

Please make this happen Spotify team

pangmango

Please just implement it. What are you waiting for?

cardboardclover

There is no reason that this should even be up for vote - Spotify should just do it, and make it a priority. I’ve been a paying member for almost a decade, but Apple Music can now be bundled with my other Apple services and its tempting.