Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
vkza

May our subscription money should also be marked as "not right now" 😂

tryingtothink
Well spotted. It would be good if Spotify would explain why. And interact
with this thread. Best not hold our breaths it seems.
Marrekk

Guys, let's just wait till "later this year" when Spotify HiFi will be available. Android app should also be redesigned so hopefully so will be iOS app also with Homepod support. (But more likely Apple will adjust it's Apple Music than Spotify allowing Homepod). 

imJeans

we know u see this peter, u are deleting my comments but not acknowledging everyone here that is asking for a response... we got the upvotes what now peter? comon peter. Homepod integration when? answer us peter .

WadeA10

I would like to think there's a chance that this gets bundled into the HiFi update. However, if that was the case then I wish Spotify would just say that.

arronpitman

Oh gaaaaaaawd hurry up…… 

Chicago_fan

Ever since the HomePod was originally launched (2018), Spotify has been complaining that HomePod lacked support for anything other than AM.

In June 2020, Apple enabled 3rd party service integration directly into HomePod.

Magically, Spotify is now silent on the subject.

Can you please implement HomePod support, WHICH SPOTIFY HAS BEEN ASKING FOR SINCE 2018.

tlrbrsn

Hi Spotify,

I’ve been a premium Spotify user for many years, who recently cancelled my subscription because of this lack of functionality on my devices. Can you please add support for Apple HomePod/HomePod mini natively with Spotify Connect?

After years of whining that Apple had an unfair competitive advantage, you are given the same opportunity to participate with API’s, but choose not to use it. It’s time to put your money where your mouth is. I know I did. 

#itstimetoplayfair

pate_rico84

This idea needs to be bumped so no other idea is even considered before we get an answer.

Trying to get used to Apple Music right now, soon I won’t probably even miss Spotify anymore.

They have the luxury to not care about their customers anymore, they still get them.. for now.

edit: oh wow, doesn’t even bump the thread up anymore...