Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
mazaytsev

Seems like it is company principles… Sad that people are switching from spotify

cheetah3k5

This is just insult to injury. Listing as Live Ideea and letting it live in limbo just so that you "handled" the problem. There are (at this point) 137 pages of people commenting that they want this feature, some of them even unsubscribed because you just don't care about anything else except revenue. Oh well, on the long run, you can bet your asses that will cost you dearly. I am still keeping my subscription until the end of the year until my family members can get their own subscriptions, some of them already going the same way as I will, and switch to Apple Music. And all that because you just don't care anymore. Spotify used to reign supreme but now it's falling fast

TheUnknownSoldier

I've been a paying, satisfied Spotify customer since the beginning, but sounds like I might finally need to find another music service now that I'm getting into home automation with Homekit, just to find out Spotify seems to be stubbornly refusing this feature to it's loyal customers. Greed or incompetence are the only two reasons I can see for withholding this feature, and neither one is a good look. Sucks I have to switch after all this time but the bonus is that i might actually get losless audio now too, which is another common feature that Spotify stubbornly refuses to support. That one I could have lived with, but lack of native homekit support might be the deal breaker. Peace out spotify.

SquareRob

This is one of a number of reasons that I always recommend people not to use Spotify. I use it myself purely as it makes sharing music with my spotify friends easier. They are starting to leave the platform for alternatives. Soon I'll be pleased to move back to Apple Music.

speed7

I'm really considering switching to Apple Music. Lack of HomePod support and AirPlay 2 makes Spotify far less useful to me. This issue has been open you years and Spotify seems preoccupied with shoving Joe Rogan and podcasts down our throats. 

itp_0-5bwxbf7

I’ve bought 2 HomePods thinking that this would work out of the box. They simply don’t care. Bye bye Spotify Premium, hello Apple Music.

Dario73

Unsubscribed family plan. Thank you Spotify.

effe232

Will also unsub my Family Plan and switch to Apple Music. Bye Bye Spotify

Oipat

Und Tschüss! Ab zu AppleMusic. Ich habe euch viele Monate seit meinem ersten Kommentar gegeben.

aric2k

Please, please implement HomePod support. It's very frustrating and makes my HomePod almost useless. Considering switching to Apple Music because of this.