Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music Discussion

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Guidelines] Music Discussion

Welcome to Music Discussion! This is the place for Community members to dig deeper into the music and artists they're passionate or curious about. We want users here to not just share links to songs and playlists (you can use Music Exchange for that)...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

Superuser Contribution Favourite TV Theme Songs!

Some of the most well recognised songs come tied to our favourite TV shows. If I say ‘Now, this is a story…’ we all know exactly which beloved 90s sit-com I’m talking about. With shows like It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The Office (U.S) racki...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • Some of the most well recognised songs come tied to our favourite TV shows. If I say ‘Now, this is a story…’ we all know exactly which beloved 90s sit-com I’m talking about. With shows like It’s Alwa...
  • _k9-8blmxu0de
  • Casual Listener
  • 29 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 29 replies
  • 4 likes

Music You Didn't Like at First, But Grew on You

Ever listen to an artist or album, and think "not for me," then go back weeks or years later, and think "Wow, what was I thinking, this is AWESOME!" Moods are so pervasive and can ulitmately affect what you like at any given moment. Maybe you just we...

• Roadie
  • Ever listen to an artist or album, and think "not for me," then go back weeks or years later, and think "Wow, what was I thinking, this is AWESOME!"   Moods are so pervasive and can ulitmate...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 91 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 91 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Place name songs!

Glittering lights that shimmer in the night time, climbing upwards to gently lace the famous, grand, virticle frame. A blend of tiny cafes, and opulent restaurants neatly tucked down winding cobblestone paths. Flocks of birds, decorative pastel stand...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • Glittering lights that shimmer in the night time, climbing upwards to gently lace the famous, grand, virticle frame. A blend of tiny cafes, and opulent restaurants neatly tucked down w...
  • rossi1911
  • Community Legend
  • 116 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 116 replies
  • 8 likes

Weird and Wonderful Music Genres

Hello all! Lately I've been listening to many different genres on Spotify and it struck me how many music genres I'd never heard of. We all know the popular genres like Pop, Rap and Classical but who'd of thought that the list would go on and on. I w...

• Roadie
  • Hello all!     Lately I've been listening to many different genres on Spotify and it struck me how many music genres I'd never heard of. We all know the popular genres like Pop, Rap a...
  • GOSTA-BERLIN
  • Music Fan
  • 36 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 36 replies
  • 6 likes

less known Rap artists

What are your favorite rap artists with a small number of monthly listeners?One of my favorites is Bodayga Drizz.

• Music Fan
  • What are your favorite rap artists with a small number of monthly listeners? One of my favorites is Bodayga Drizz.
  • Mentalyogabee
  • Roadie
  • 27 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 27 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs For When You Are In A Bad Mood

I'm interested to know what songs (or artists) you listen to when you are in a bad mood, a funk, a depression or just generally feeling down.... Is there a song that instantly lifts your mood? or just helps you wallow in self-pity for awhile? Whateve...

• Roadie
  • I'm interested to know what songs (or artists) you listen to when you are in a bad mood, a funk, a depression or just generally feeling down....    Is there a song that instantly lifts yo...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 116 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 116 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution Looking for Good Vibes

Hello all, as you can see from the title, I am a wandering soul in search of good vibes. I am a devout Mac DeMarco fan, and I love upbeat /hypnotic tunes of the same vein. I also love ukelele, and I like listening to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. Now comes ...

• Regular
  • Hello all, as you can see from the title, I am a wandering soul in search of good vibes.   I am a devout Mac DeMarco fan, and I love upbeat /hypnotic tunes of the same vein. I also love ukelel...
  • feinbergmusic
  • Roadie
  • 21 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 21 replies
  • 3 likes

Best Indie Songs 2016

Hey folks, it's time to start a new thread for all the best indie music discoveries you make in 2016. If you're wondering how we define indie around here, the answer is however you define indie. "Indie" can mean: Bands that are on independent labels ...

2016 indie.jpg
  • Spotify
  • Spotify
  •         Hey folks, it's time to start a new thread for all the best indie music discoveries you make in 2016.   If you're wondering how we define indie around h...
  • David_Clavijo
  • Roadie
  • 196 replies
  • 19 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 196 replies
  • 19 likes

Favorite New Release?

TOVE LO - Disco Tits : Released September 7th. I heard 10 seconds of it and I knew I'd be obsessed. https://open.spotify.com/user/12168500972/playlist/0nYYklTZDtvdkbpIvi8qUO

• Roadie
  • TOVE LO - Disco Tits : Released September 7th. I heard 10 seconds of it and I knew I'd be obsessed.    https://open.spotify.com/user/12168500972/playlist/0nYYklTZDtvdkbpIvi8qUO
  • fixthebeatz
  • Casual Listener
  • 24 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 24 replies
  • 2 likes

Share Your Year in Music 2015

Share your Year in Music 2015 stats here https://yearinmusic.spotify.com

yim2015.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Share your Year in Music 2015 stats here   https://yearinmusic.spotify.com  
  • mashymatty
  • Music Fan
  • 28 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 28 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution who is your top band of all time

who is your TOP band of all time POST answers please follow by your own playlist mines is the mighty radiohead https://open.spotify.com/user/stig2009/playlist/7sA4HGPxtCrifUQoQBF5Qw

• Roadie
  • who is your TOP band of all time POST   answers please follow by your own playlist    mines is the mighty radiohead    https://open.spotify.com/user/stig2009/play...
  • PavoPeacock
  • Gig Goer
  • 54 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 54 replies
  • 4 likes

Deaths in Music 2017

This thread is for keeping track of artists who have died this year. Sadly, it starts off with John Wetton. Here's an obituary from Rolling Stone: Asia Co-Founder, King Crimson Member John Wetton Dead at 67. As a lead singer and co-founder of the ban...

• Roadie
  • This thread is for keeping track of artists who have died this year. Sadly, it starts off with John Wetton. Here's an obituary from Rolling Stone: Asia Co-Founder, King Crimson Member John Wetton Dea...
  • heartscore
  • Community Legend
  • 22 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Music Discussion
    Social & Random
  • 22 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Best Albums of 2017

Hello guys! A quarter of the way through 2017 already (I know!) - and already 2017 has some outstanding albums under its belt. I'd love to hear what your picks are! Here's a template for sharing! Album name Artist name Release date (optional) Some wo...

• Community Legend
  • Hello guys!      A quarter of the way through 2017 already (I know!) - and already 2017 has some outstanding albums under its belt. I'd love to hear what your picks are!  ...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 87 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 87 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution How has your Discover Weekly changed your music taste?

Believe it or not, Discover Weekly turned 1 this Summer This is a huge milestone for us at the Community and for music fans around the world. We live and breath our own little mix of new tracks every Monday and it looks like we're not alone So, how h...

• Spotify Legend
  • Believe it or not, Discover Weekly turned 1 this Summer 🙂    This is a huge milestone for us at the Community and for music fans around the world. We live and breath our own littl...
  • Azk
  • Casual Listener
  • 48 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 48 replies
  • 12 likes

Superuser Contribution Album of the year 2016 (so far)

We are very early into the new year but thought we might as well start a thread for the best albums for 2016. I'm holding off with nominations until something really grabs my attention but feel free to post your recommendations here folks. Try and ke...

• Community Legend
  • We are very early into the new year but thought we might as well start a thread for the best albums for 2016. I'm holding off with nominations until something really grabs my attention but feel free ...
  • Gibtits
  • Roadie
  • 65 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 65 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Artists You Hope Return in 2017

Who are you hoping releases something new in 2017? Heard in rumors that a band is releasing something soon? Who has been gone for a while that need a triumphant return? I need a new The National album ASAP. The last one was on heavy rotation all thro...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • Who are you hoping releases something new in 2017?   Heard in rumors that a band is releasing something soon? Who has been gone for a while that need a triumphant return?   I need a...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 70 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 70 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Can anyone suggest some artists for me?

I'd like to expand the music I listen to, but I've not found any of the tools for finding new music on the internet particularly useful. My favourite artists are Mika, Little Mix, Troye Sivan, Kygo and The Weeknd. Please post artist/playlists you thi...

• Gig Goer
  • I'd like to expand the music I listen to, but I've not found any of the tools for finding new music on the internet particularly useful. My favourite artists are Mika, Little Mix, Troye Sivan, Kygo a...
  • synodicperiod
  • Roadie
  • 68 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 68 replies
  • 7 likes

Give a soundtrack to the picture!

Hey It's 3AM where I am and there's graphite everywhere, but it doesn't stop me from posting this little game. But first, here's the picture: And here's what I have in mind:Soundtrack this image! Suggest a song that, in your opinion, suits this situa...

resizedforspotify
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Hey   It's 3AM where I am and there's graphite everywhere, but it doesn't stop me from posting this little game. 😉 But first, here's the picture:   And here's what I have in ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 24 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 24 replies
  • 2 likes

Got any music recommendations?

Hey everyone! I just joined the Spotify community. Does anyone have any music you recommend. Honestly, I'm so tired of all this mainstream music and want to listen to something good and original. I have followed some artists that aren't very popular ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everyone! I just joined the Spotify community. Does anyone have any music you recommend. Honestly, I'm so tired of all this mainstream music and want to listen to something good and original. I h...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 37 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 37 replies
  • 8 likes

Game: Is Counting Your Strength? How Many Characters Are There?~

@rossi1911 @crematedman @Jpgchief @BenitoKCM @tamtitam and everyone~ Happy September 2017~! Fancy playing a counting game? And have you built a playlist that looks something like this: X XX XXX XXXX XXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXXX (ascendingly) or XXXXXXX XXXXX...

• Visitor
  • @rossi1911 @crematedman @Jpgchief @BenitoKCM @tamtitam and everyone~   Happy September 2017~!   Fancy playing a counting game?  And have you built a ...
  • Jpgchief
  • Spotify Star
  • 213 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 213 replies
  • 0 likes