Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Umidigi F1

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

spotify crashes when you click the 3 dots to add to playlist, share ,view artist. etc

Changes were implemented to fix this issue for most common Android models.

Our backstage data combined with received votes and reports on this thread seem to indicate that the changes were successful for a majority of the userbase.

Unfortunately, we're aware that there're still some models with specific Android ROMs that are still experiencing the crash. At this time, we are not able to provide a fix that covers the full range of Android phones.

We'll be continuing our efforts to improve compatibility, but cannot guarantee that your specific device will be affected. As such, we'll be stopping the regular updates of this thread and are marking it as case closed.

Comments
BigDiesel1

I have the same problem, this needs to get resolved ASAP. This is some bs. You think updating your phone would fix problems not create them smfh... 😭💀

BigDiesel1

Ironically I just posted that Spotify isn't working on my F1. It's actually working now, hopefully you guys get it resolved as well!

Teraklia

What have you done 😯?! I need to know

Riobes

I'm having the same issue. Hoping spotify or F1 or someone resolves this ASAP because it is extremely frustrating.

BigDiesel1

I have no clue, I wish I could tell you 😭

Tuker
Spoiler

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

(Asus Max Plus M1)

Operating System

(Android 9)

My Question or Issue

After I upgrade to Android 9, every time I click on the player options (where I can share music on social networks and add and remove from playlist) spotify stops working and restarts.

Images belowafter i click the screen look like thisafter i click the screen look like this

and it happensand it happens

upper right radio buttonupper right radio button

Bennirie

I have the same issue on my ulefone armor 6e with Android 9. Can't add any songs to playlists etc. Reinstalled, cleared everything but nothing works. Any help or any fix?

BigDiesel1

It's actually still crashing smh 😭, I thought it was working normal again it's back to crashing 😔💀.

alex17981

I do have the same problem, my phone is an umidigi A5 pro updated to the last rom 1.4. Spotify lite does work, but it doesn´t have the same functions as the regular app. I guess is a rom problem?

Petya

Hey @Tuker & @Bennirie,

Thanks for writing in the Community about this.

Please follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings on your phone.
2. Select "Apps".
3. Tap "Spotify" in the app list.
4. Tap on "Storage> Clear Data" for a clean reinstallation.
5. Tap Uninstall.
6. Open Google Play and install the Spotify Music app.

If this doesn't work go to:

1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.
  2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.
  3. Then restart the phone. Then everything would have to work fine 🙂

Let us know how it goes.