Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Umidigi F1

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

spotify crashes when you click the 3 dots to add to playlist, share ,view artist. etc

Changes were implemented to fix this issue for most common Android models.

Our backstage data combined with received votes and reports on this thread seem to indicate that the changes were successful for a majority of the userbase.

Unfortunately, we're aware that there're still some models with specific Android ROMs that are still experiencing the crash. At this time, we are not able to provide a fix that covers the full range of Android phones.

We'll be continuing our efforts to improve compatibility, but cannot guarantee that your specific device will be affected. As such, we'll be stopping the regular updates of this thread and are marking it as case closed.

Comments
koski

I was having this issue while being in offline mode but when I went online the menu worked fine on the first try. Hope it doesn't randomly start happening again it was so annoying.

Noguri

Hello.

I have same issue here, but maybe It depends of version of Android, I have Android 7.

chasadrew

I have an iPhone Xs Max, iOS 14.7.1

The Spotify app version is 8.6.56

I have reinstalled and re-logged into the app several times.

It happens when i play music.

The behavior is always the same and it’s always random.

Hrshl

Plan

Premium

Device

Cubot X19

Operating System

Android 9

Version of the app

Troubleshooting steps you've tried so far 

Login out then back in, deleting and reinstalling the app, emptying the data

Can you tell us in which context menu the issue is happening (e.g. on the top corner of the playlist, on the right corner of the track, or both, etc.)?

Both

Are there more than one Spotify users switching accounts on the device this happens on?

No

Is there a session in progress (e.g. is a song or podcast playing) or is the app paused?

It happens all the time

Is the behavior always the same?

Yes

Can you recreate it with ease, or is it random?

I can recreate it with ease

Mihail

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us and for all the info you've provided so far!

The team is currently testing out a fix for this with the latest version, rolled out just recently. To that end, could you perform a clean reinstall and let us know if the issue persists? The linked steps let you start afresh with the latest app version and remove any corrupted files from previous installations. If afterwards the issue persists, we'd appreciate it if you share the exact Spotify version you get displayed at your end.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your replies. 

FalconEye

Still no improvement at all in 8.6.60.1126

It's quite annoying how this issued can persist for such a long time. I hope this may finally be fixed in a few years.

Mcrobbo84
Still no improvement at all in 8.6.**bleep**.1029.

Taking way too much time.
If this was an IOS issue Spotify would have a full team working on it and
it will be fixed in 24 hours. Not 2 years like this
thebluecomet
  • Make/model of your device and exact OS version
    • Umidigi A5 Pro, Android 9
  • The exact version of the app you're on 
    • ver. 8.6.64.1081
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried so far 
    • clearing cache, clearing storage, complete uninstall and reinstall, complete power off and power back on, letting the battery completely drain until it shuts off
  • Can you tell us in which context menu the issue is happening (e.g. on the top corner of the playlist, on the right corner of the track, or both, etc.)?
    • individual track's ... in all locations (bottom of the app for current song, in liked/other playlists, Spotify-generated playlists - everywhere there's a ... for an individual track
  • Are there more than one Spotify users switching accounts on the device this happens on?
    • No
  • Is there a session in progress (e.g. is a song or podcast playing) or is the app paused?
    • Happens when a song/podcast is playing as well as if it's paused. Also when opening app and the last played song is still there, paused.
  • Is the behavior always the same?
    • Yes. Has been this way for a few updates now. Apparently a few years based on the comments.
  • Can you recreate it with ease, or is it random?
    • Ease. Happens EVERY time regardless of if phone was recently powered on and Spotify just started/immediately loaded or if it's been playing awhile.

Nearly 1500 votes since 08/2019 - how is this not fixed yet?

Noguri
Hello.

After many re-installation It doesn't happened anymore. It was one of My
problem with slow Spotify. Really, I don't know, what was that.

Thank You for Your help.

Alyssaspicer

Mine is doing the same thing but sometimes the app is just crashing towards the end of a song or automatically pausing. I'm on the premium version and have been for years but it's making the paid app almost unusable