Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Umidigi F1

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

spotify crashes when you click the 3 dots to add to playlist, share ,view artist. etc

Changes were implemented to fix this issue for most common Android models.

Our backstage data combined with received votes and reports on this thread seem to indicate that the changes were successful for a majority of the userbase.

Unfortunately, we're aware that there're still some models with specific Android ROMs that are still experiencing the crash. At this time, we are not able to provide a fix that covers the full range of Android phones.

We'll be continuing our efforts to improve compatibility, but cannot guarantee that your specific device will be affected. As such, we'll be stopping the regular updates of this thread and are marking it as case closed.

Comments
Scaryomelette

Hi, are there any news regarding this problem? I've been having it for nearly a year already and it's reeeally annoying...

nitro912gr

We already found a solution, but you guys don't seem to care to read a couple of pages back...

Update muiu to 11.0.2 for 6 and 11.0.5 for 6a and problem solved.

Seems xiaomi was to blame.

Wouterw28

It still does not work! Are there any alternative methods to add songs to the queue? I cant add any songs to my queue now.

nitro912gr

@Wouterw28 Clear cache of app and uninstall, reinstall then.

Are you sure you are in the correct version for the correct phone? Maybe the update is not out for your region yet, I got it a few days after the first report here.

leojrpereira

Still not working for me either (i dont have a Xiaomi). Anyway to add songs after recently played you can go to One of your playlist, select add songs then tab untill recently player and add it. 

Wouterw28

@nitro912gr I updated my MIUI and it works now!! Thanks!!

mrspumpkinred

I have the same issue. I'm using xiaomi redmi note 8 pro. Since I changed the mobile I'm not able to add songs to my playlist. It crashes instantly on the same moment that I try to click on the three dots. 

Insepulto
Same problem here, it only works using Spotify Lite.
SoraBlank
It's work for me now. But I already resigned from premium. I don't know if
they just fix this problem or something else.

Same probleme with blackview 9600.. three dots crash the app.

No update possible.. please help !