Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] First Song in Playlists on Custom Order changes constantly

Hey folks, 

We noticed that the current first song in any playlist will keep swapping with a different song from the same playlist. This is now being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue!

We're happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Cheers 🙂

Comments
Fabiotb

Lost control off my playlist order

Maleficvnt

@rjzzeng 

"Soon enough this thread will have 50 pages, 10 days of such a trivial problem"

And as the prophecy hath foretold, so did it come to pass. LOL. 

Gtd26

Quando este tópico tiver 1000 páginas o pessoal do spotify cogitará a possibilidade remota de talvez, quem sabe, tentar solucionar o bug.

AdamDam

Hi @Dogpatchkid,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Spotify is aware of an Ongoing Issue affecting Android devices, causing the current first song in playlists to keep swapping with a different song from the same playlist. This issue is currently being investigated.

I recommend adding your +VOTE to the Ongoing Issue, as well as a comment there with the following info:

It will also be useful to Subscribe to the Ongoing Issue by clicking the three dots next to its title; that way, you can be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Artlessdoodle

This issue is really annoying, is it still being worked on? 

michaelsmusic321

Premium Family

New Zealand

Galaxy A34 5G

Android 14

Spotify 8.9.8.545

Issue: first song in Playlist is random

Sabd

I don't remember who wrote that it didn't affect all the playlists, but only the one that was very full and with a certain number of hours. I noticed that this was true for me too. My small playlists are not touched and I can sort and modify them as I wish, but the bigger ones, which I spend the most time on, are upside down and it literally makes me anxious and angry!! I don't understand why a company like yours takes so long to react and especially to resolve the problem... ?!?!

1000003144.jpg

1000003145.jpg

1000003147.jpg

1000003146.jpg

Samsung s23 ultra 

Sandaz

Yeah this needs fixing.

Happening on some of my playlists but only on my phone not computers. 

Have reinstalled spotify, no improvement.

Samsung Galaxy S20 FE (Australia). Most up to date software. Spotify premium.

Burh1

Plan - Premium

Device - Google Pixel 7 Pro

OS - Android 14

The first song in my playlists are being changed to a different song around the middle of my playlist. When I try to move back the original song, the original doesn't change position and the first song is changed to another song in the playlist. 

rcohim

Plan: Premium

Device: Samsung Galaxy A23 (SM-A235M/DS)

Spotify version: 8.9.8.545