Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Unable to play music, all playlists appear empty

We've received reports from Android users that they're unable to play songs from Search. In addition, all playlists in the app appear empty. This is currently being investigated.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience and input so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now since we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, it's recommended you keep the app up to date so that you're always running the latest version of Spotify.

Take care.

Comments
osornios

Seems like you're having an issue worth investigating.

As a first step, you should try deleting and reinstalling the app. Hopefully that'll fix the issue. 🙂
Joshmusicman

Hi, thanks for replying osornios.

Uninstalling and reinstalling was one of the first things I tried to resolve the issue.

Tried it again today and unfortunately I still have the same issue.

Viruskarpfen

Same problem have it for 2 weeks now, still no fix 

Yordan

Hi @Joshmusicman,

A user found that renaming the spotifycache folder, located in your Internal Storage > Android > data > com.spotify.music > files, seems to do the trick here, so feel free to try this out, if you haven't already.

Something else you can do is check if Spotify is granted all necessary permissions. Make sure it's also excluded from any battery optimizing software that may be hindering the app's performance.

Hope this helps. Cheers 🤘

Joshmusicman

Are you referring to the cache folder that has been circled? If so, I tried renaming it and no luck. I also deleted it and reopened Spotify but still not working.

Anything else I can try or do to help resolve?

IMG_20240405_112011.jpg
Lizanneesch

Hi, 

Since yesterday ALL playlists appear empty on my phone (Android) and I cant figure out why. 

Already tried to reinstall the app, cleared the cache, change network.... Its really frustrating and weird

Ivelina

Hey again folks,

Thanks to everyone that's recently posted in the thread!

In order to investigate this issue further, we'll need some details:

• Device(s) this is happening on, as well as the version(s) of the operating system(s).
  • The exact Spotify version you're using.
  • If you've tried any troubleshooting steps.

Appreciate the cooperation and let us know if anything else comes up in the meantime.

Cheers!

mixantax

Hello to everyone with the same issue! I think I found a solution that worked for me.

You gotta turn on the Save data option, reopen the app, try to play something, turn off save data option and reopen the app again. I dont know if it will help you, atleast it did for me.

Screenshot_2024-04-12-01-07-49-855_com.spotify.music-edit.jpg

Joshmusicman

@Ivelina 

In order to investigate this issue further, we'll need some details:

• Device(s) this is happening on, as well as the version(s) of the operating system(s).
    • REDMAGIC 7S Pro, Android 13 , 1 January 2024 Security Update
  • The exact Spotify version you're using
    • Spotify Premium Android, 8.9.30.433
  • .If you've tried any troubleshooting steps.
    • Retried restart of phone, uninstall of App, clearing cache, open in data saving mode, signing out and back into app, no success with all

LennyK

Hi, any update on this? I have this problem with now, after I switched from premium to free. Playlists empty, can't shuffle, podcasts are empty. It's as if the content fled from the platform