Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Play Downloaded Songs When Offline

We're getting reports that downloaded songs are not playing when the app is not connected to the internet. The offline songs are grayed out but shows that they are downloaded. When connected back to the internet, same songs can be played without issues and still appear downloaded.

Hey,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this.

We wanted to announce that this issue has been fixed from our end. However, keep in mind you might experience some inconveniences with your offline content that are caused by other things such as:

• The use of cache clearing apps/settings - these could interfere with the app's normal functions.
  • Storage issues - your device needs to have at least 1GB of free storage in order for Spotify to function correctly.
  • SD card issues - if you're using one, make sure to check out this FAQ.
  • Outdated app - not running the latest app version available can also cause performance issues. Check how to update the app in this Support article.
  • Having more than 5 devices with downloaded music - you can remove older devices by following the steps you'll find in this Support article
  • Not going online at least once in 30 days - your downloads might be removed because of this.
  • The content being removed from Spotify - the downloads will also be removed.

If you're still having trouble after checking all of the above, make sure to start a new thread in the relevant Help Board.

Comments
dogmanbigp

I have a I Phone 8 music offline

MihailY

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your patience while this is being investigated.

We currently can't provide an ETA for a fix, rest assured however that the teams are working hard on one.

For anyone using a Samsung device, please go through your device's settings and make sure that the Spotify app is excluded from any memory- or battery-optimizing services as these often delete the app's cache resulting in the above issue.

Once again, thank you for your patience and cooperation. We'll get back to you in this thread as soon as we have more news to share.

BabyEcho0_YT

[I Have Removed This for my purposes and not to @ reply to mods or stars post]. I hope you understand Thanks. 

𝓔𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓒𝓾𝓽𝓮𝓦𝓸𝓵𝓯 

Samuel279
This started to happen maybe a week or two ago. Even though I have all my songs downloaded, when I don't have internet connection I cannot listen to the songs anymore. When I go to an album or a playlist, there is the green download icon signaling that I do indeed have the playlist downloaded, but all the songs are greyed out and I cannot listen to any of them.

I have tied numerous things that supposedly helped others, but none of them worked for me. I have re-installed the app couple of times, cleaned cache, turned offline mode on and off, etc., nothing worked.

The songs work fine when I'm online again, but when I want to listen to Spotify for example on train, I can't because I am not connected to the internet.
tengo plan familiar, y al momento de ponerme offline no me deja reproducir mis descargas.
ya borre la app y el cache y sigue igual, solo si estoy conectada a internet me deja. soy usuario android.
rene1207

No puedo reproducir mis descargas sin internet. Ya hice todas las correcciones sugeridas en línea, como borrar el caché, volver a descargar las canciones, hacer una reinstalación limpia de la aplicación y asegurarme de que el "Modo sin conexión" esté activado, y nada me ayuda a resolver el problema. 

My device is a Samsung A22 with Android 13

BlueLegendDragonReal

This has been happening to me for a while now. I'm taking a guess on why its not working for me. I think its either I joined my family plan while I had individual plan for 1 more day or because of a phone swap to iPhone 11. I redownloaded all my songs, clear the cache, turn on offline mode, reinstall the app yet nothing works.

This is only happened when I started on premium duos before that it was fine

adelestraumsnes

I have this issue. I have an iphone 6s, and I can play a few of the downloaded songs in my playlists when offline. It seems that the songs I have newly added will play when offline, fx the entire discover weekly playlist works. It does not help to re-download the old songs. 

I downloaded all the episodes for 2 podcasts and neither of them will play in offline mode. I am able to listen to other book readings in offline mode after downloading (not sure if they’re considered podcasts).