Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Play Downloaded Songs When Offline

We're getting reports that downloaded songs are not playing when the app is not connected to the internet. The offline songs are grayed out but shows that they are downloaded. When connected back to the internet, same songs can be played without issues and still appear downloaded.

Hey,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this.

We wanted to announce that this issue has been fixed from our end. However, keep in mind you might experience some inconveniences with your offline content that are caused by other things such as:

• The use of cache clearing apps/settings - these could interfere with the app's normal functions.
  • Storage issues - your device needs to have at least 1GB of free storage in order for Spotify to function correctly.
  • SD card issues - if you're using one, make sure to check out this FAQ.
  • Outdated app - not running the latest app version available can also cause performance issues. Check how to update the app in this Support article.
  • Having more than 5 devices with downloaded music - you can remove older devices by following the steps you'll find in this Support article
  • Not going online at least once in 30 days - your downloads might be removed because of this.
  • The content being removed from Spotify - the downloads will also be removed.

If you're still having trouble after checking all of the above, make sure to start a new thread in the relevant Help Board.

Comments
k-bye
When I download playlists while connected to the wifi I get the green icon both next to the playlist's data (next to the playlist length etc.) and next to the individual song. However, when I re-open the app after closing it, or turn on my phone after turning it off the songs and playlists are no longer downloaded and will not play unless I have a wifi connection.
I went on a plane and my downloaded music would play for like 15 minutes and then it’s stops and starts acting like it’s not downloaded, saying i need to be connected, even though i was just listening to it and it says it’s downloaded
Even though I have a Premium account and have my app fully up to date, for some reason, Spotify (or maybe my device) doesn't let me play my songs when I disconnect from an Internet connection
nikemax

Having the same issue as everyone.

After downloading my songs on spotify, if I toggle to offline mode and reboot my spotify app, the songs will not play and spotify will ask me to go back online. This should not happen because all my songs have been downloaded. I can see the download arrow of my playlist in green colour but the songs are grayed out.

This issue is happening across all my device and I've contacted spotify customer support about it. They've asked me to reinstall my app, remove downloads and clear cache but nothing helps. I've tested it with their test account and all of a sudden it worked. So, this means it is an account issue and not device issue.

I am on premium family and this is extremely frustrating. Spotify customer service is asking me to create a new account to resolve this issue (pretty extreme!). I am sure spotify can do better than this!!!! 

Summary

Make/model of the device and OS version: iphone 14 pro, ios 16.2

Spotify version number: 8.8.1.397

Troubleshooting steps tried: clear cache, remove downloads, re-install, tried with test accounts provided by Spotify (problem immediately solved but came back again when logged into my own account)

The date you started noticing this issue on: December 2022

Luis_ang3lo

Hi I've been having the same issue, I read through all of the previous comments and tried all of the troubleshooting instructed. I noticed this started happening since I switch to a duo plan and previously I was on a single plan. Please help fix the issue.

Samsung galaxy a52(lte)

Spotify version 8.8.0347

12/30/22

ARIHAD2000

I am having the same problem. I have done everything that I could think of, but nothing. Please advise

Wercdestroy

Make/model of the device: POCO X3 Pro

OS version: Android 12 SKQ1.211.006.001

Spotify version number: 8.8.0.347

Troubleshooting steps tried:

Cleared Cache, Redownloaded the songs, Clean reinstall, Other device

The date you started noticing this issue on:

September 2022

keszter

Hello. I have the same exact issue with Spotify Family Subscription. Before I used Individual Plan everything worked, but since I use Family Plan I cant play downloaded music when I am in Offline mode or I have no internet access.  The musics in the playists are grayed out as seen in the picture what I attached and cant click on them to play it. Before you suggest the usual troubleshooting methods, yes, I have tried everything and nothing seems to work (clear cache, delete downloaded music and redownload, reinstall spotify app, etc.). I think it is something with the Family subscription but its just guessing. Thanks for your help.

Phone: Huawei P30 Lite

Model: MAR-LX1A

OS ver.: EMUI 12.0.0

Spotify ver.: 8.8.0.347

Screenshot_20230118_185738_com.spotify.music.jpg
JuliaAl

Hello, I've started to have the same issue since I moved from Premium Individual to Premium Duo. I tried all the suggested fixes - reinstall, clean reinstall, then even changed device and nothing helps, the problem still persists. I think this is unacceptable that this problem is 'Under Investigation' since 2021 and you keep take money for the subscription while service is not provided in full - downloaded songs cannot be played offline for many users. Please fix this issue!

Phone: Google Pixel 7 Pro

Spotify version: 8.8.2.434

Troubleshooting tried (from less invasive to more drastic): re-login, clearing cache and downloads, redownload of the songs, reinstall, 'clean reinstall', change of device, and all the previous steps on new device!

Date of noticing the problem: 7 Nov 2022, right after I moved from Premium Individual to Premium Duo plan

Yomero1

Es la tercera vez que intentó Descargar mi Playlist me gusta pero si me desconecto del wi-fi y comienza desde cero, es frustrante tener que comenzar a descargar mi Playlist de me gusta y todas las demás cada vez que me alejo del wi-fi