Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop App - Back button doesn't remember position in playlist

Hey folks,

We've received some reports mentioning that after the recent update, the back button on Windows Desktop app doesn't remember position in playlist.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
MihailY

Hey everyone,

Thanks for providing the info.

We've forwarded it to the relevant team. We'll let you know in this thread once we have news.

Cheers,

tmolvik

Thank you for the update, but could you please confirm that this is a bug (that will be fixed) and not a deliberate change?

peetagee

This is something that worked perfectly fine up until a week ago. Example: I am participating in a project with friends where we listen to every album off the of '1001 Albums You Must Listen To Before You Die' books. 

We have a shared playlist that is very long. I used to be able to click into the album to see the stats (release year, length, play counts etc) and then click back and it would remember my spot in the playlist from the previous screen. 

Now when I do this, it takes me all the way back to the top of the playlist and I have to scroll through hundreds of songs to find my spot again. It's very tedious and especially frustrating since it worked fine just a few weeks ago, 

macNbees

After updating my app this changed. I used to hit the back button and it would return to where I was within my playlist(halfway down the page). Instead it refreshes the page and takes me to the top. This is extremely frustrating trying to do specific tasks with in a playlist. I suggest the back button does that again.

MrEldritch

It seems with the most recent update to the Spotify Windows application, it no longer saves the place you scrolled to on a page, such as a long playlist, when switching between pages. Instead, it now places you back at the very top of the page when you return to a page, regardless of how far down you scrolled to.

This now makes it extremely challenging to navigate playlists containing 50 songs or more, and larger playlists, such as the Release Radar, are now impossible to explore without having to repeatedly scroll down and hunt for the place where you left off. Please reverse this change as soon as possible.

tzexin7chew

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore 

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

Everytime I move away from my playlist, like to edit my queue of songs or to view another playlist, when I move back to the playlist that is currently playing, my playlist jumps back to the top instead of remaining at where I last scrolled until. This is quite annoying, especially for my longer playlists. Is there a solution?

DJBLAK

Happening to me too, quite annoying since it used to work before. I have cleared cache, made a clean reinstall, installed from both Microsoft store and directly from Spotify but nothing worked.

mowgli76

It doesn't make sense that Spotify changed the back button like this.

Scenario:
I listen through some playlist. It has 3000 songs. I'm at song 1693 or whatever.
I click on a song/artist to see more info or to see the album.

I click the back button to go back to the playlist.

THE SCROLL POSITION IS RESET and I'm back at the top and must find where on the list I was at before. wth

This is very bad design!

Please change this to how it was earlier

OscarDC

Hey folks, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

We appreciate all the troubleshooting you've tried so far. In order to continue investigating this case, as this behavior could be related to some specific cache stored on your device, we'd recommend clearing any entries which contain Spotify from the host files on your computer by following the instructions in this post (even if it's a different issue).

If the issue persists, include in your next response the OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout. 

Bubbahyde

Windows 10, Desktop App "Spotify for Windows (64 bit) 1.2.17.834.g26ee1129"