Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Downloaded icon is not being displayed

Hey folks, 

We've received some reports of users being unable to see the green arrow icon for downloads on some of their downloaded songs. However, it does show on the top of the downloaded playlist. The content is still playable with no connection and no impact on the user experience. 

This is under investigation.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Fyimanners

1000025116.jpg

 image shows what I mean - I downloaded the playlist at the top of the page, but only some songs have downloaded.

AlejaR

Hey folks,

Thanks for all your replies and for the info shared.

@vaajy, since you mentioned you recently updated the app and noticed this is still happening, would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you're running as per now? @Lzypnda, please check if you have new versions of the app available to download. Update the app and let us know if you notice this is still happening. If yes, please send us the info about that exact version.

@geirhong, would you mind sending us the info @Eni mentioned here? That way, we can continue investigating further. Remember, the info we need is the following:

• The make/model and OS version of your device.
  • The exact Spotify version you're running.
  • All the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.
  • Does this happen when playing a specific playlist or content? If yes, please send us the link to it.
  • Has this started happening after a specific event such as an update?
  • A video recording of what's happening on your side. You can attach the videos in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload them to YouTube or Google drive and make them public, so we can visualize them.

Keep us in the loop!

vaajy

Hi.

8.9.18.512 is updated app, still problems with offline indicators on lists.

Vasil

Hey @loud__noises,

Thanks for reaching out and reporting this!
We've alerted the folks backstage and we'll keep you posted as soon as there's anything new to share.

For anyone new experiencing this issue - please let us know the following details:

• Your device's make & model
  • Its OS version
  • Your Spotify app version

Tip: A screenshot would also be of help 🙂 

Much appreciated!

vaajy

Hi again.

As we speak, new Android Update arrived to my phone.

Now it is Android 14 and Samsung One Ui 6.0. Tried new reinstall of Spotify and indicator problem is still.

Lzypnda

The app is updated, and the issue still persists. 

Novy
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

The relevant teams are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Gijsvdv

I have the songs downloaded to my phone's storage as there's no possibility for a sd card in my phone. I've got close to 50GB left but Spotify isn't downloading all songs in the playlist.

I ran into the same problem on my former phone as well

radauthor

I've determined that the songs not showing the green arrow are songs that have newer releases. On a song that isn't displaying a green arrow, use the 3-dot menu to View Album. The green arrow is not showing in the album view as well. Now go to the artist's page and select the same album from the discography. The song in the newest release of the album shows a green arrow, but if you look in the 3-dot menu here, the song is not in the playlist. (Android, Pixel 8, cache cleared, app reinstalled.) 

vaajy

Hi there.

I saw new update for Spotify today when walking, and since I have slow internet mobile to save money, I immediately rushed to the nearest Sale store for quick Wifi to use and energy drink. I was thrilled to make update, only to check out it did not fix this issue.

Another update was 8.9.20.574

One person from Maldives received this update too based on Reddit thread I follow, and she had sitll same problems.

So this problem is not country based either.

For now I am not downloading, I just keep 10 Gb cache on inline memory even if free memory is 4 Gb only.

My playlist I usually offline is 50 GB+ and growing, so for me 10 Mbps free wifi included to rent it would take 11 hours 55 minutes 49 seconds to fully redownload and I am not going to uninstall after each update and redownload. It seems that uninstalling is no fix.

I plan to redownload once to one of my 128 Gb cards when issue is confirmed to fix. Maybe much sooner than in next lifetime.

I would like to believe, at least. Thanks for reading.