Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Downloaded icon is not being displayed

Hey folks, 

We've received some reports of users being unable to see the green arrow icon for downloads on some of their downloaded songs. However, it does show on the top of the downloaded playlist. The content is still playable with no connection and no impact on the user experience. 

This is under investigation.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
geirhong

The answer by @radauthor nailed it. Exactly the case for me but I am amazed how many albums this happens to, even quite recent ones. But it is exactly what happens.

Note than even if you don't change your playlists, Spotify will still download the correct version of the track, so even if there is no icon it is downloaded and can be played offline.

Hk2222

I've also noticed this issue as well. 

I've tried reinstalling my app, and doing a clean reinstall but it makes no difference. The intermittent green checkmarks occur in playlists that I create and playlists that Spotify creates for me such as the "daylist."

It's a wide variety of new and old music that don't have checkmarks, and some songs from an album will have green checkmarks while other songs from the exact same album will not have checkmarks.

My Device is a Google Pixel 6 running Android version 14

My Spotify version is 8.9.20.574 

1000014172.png

robmonroe

Having this same issue.  I have a Spotify Premium account and on my Android, I uninstalled Spotify, Re-installed, Removed all the songs I had in Storage on my phone... and still have this problem.  Been years since I had this problem.

vaajy

New update, problem not fixed. App 8.9.22.539

hawaber
Some songs - although they are downloaded - do not show the "downloaded"-symbol (green down-arrow) in the playlist.
osornios
Hey @hawaber 

Seems like you're having an issue worth investigating.

You should try deleting and reinstalling the app. Hopefully that'll fix the issue. 🙂
saajmon

Guys it's an app issue. It's on all my phones. My family and friends. No need to reinstall or troubleshoot. 

geirhong

More like a catalog issue than an app issue, but certainly not a user issue. In the meantime, updating your playlists with more recent versions of the tracks may be a wise move anyway.

saajmon

@geirhong Nope no catalog issue. Checked all songs and there is no other versions of them. We are talking about the issue reported here by Novy. No download sign but can still be played offline.

geirhong

@saajmon I replaced with seemingly identical albums from Spotify's current catalog and I got the download icon back. It worked. But it is a huge job. Anyway, the songs without an icon are also downloaded and you can play them offline.