Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading on Apple Watch stuck at first song

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that some users are unable to download music for offline listening on their Apple Watches. The download is stuck on the first song and doesn't progress.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
HenSpotify

I’ve checked also the Apple Forum and similar issues exist there with downloading iTunes Music 🎼 songs to the  Watch.

So it is not a tyical Spotify issue. 

Davebass5

Cant say ive ever had issues with Apple Music, other than it taking a bit of time. 

Spotify is much easier, and i prefer the interface, but for me Apple Music is more reliable…..most of the time. 

Cariku

Confirmed fix!!

As others who also fixed this have said, start the playlist download on your watch. See that it is stuck not downloading. Then find the playlist on your watch and play the playlist using streaming mode (make sure you’re playing the playlist on your watch). The download will then work.

UmpaIumpa

Are you ever going to fix this? The app keeps being updated but the actual issues aren't even being fixed.

AlexandreRS

Plan

Premium

Country

BR

Device

iPhone 7 Plus 
Operating System

iOS 14.7

I play the music in the app from Apple Watch, with the Bluetooth headphone connected and nothing happens…. Even with music already downloaded

raphaelmineiro
  • clean reinstall the app on both your smartphone and the smartwatch
  • unpair and pair the watch again
  • connect the watch to a charger
  • try a different internet connection
  • turned off bluetooth
  • restarted phone.... 

Nothing WORKS! NOTHING! what a bulls***! 1 out of 50 STILL dowloading. Please dont tell me that i need to factory reset everything. About time to have fixed the issue! 

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(iPhone 😎
Operating System

(iOS 14.6)
Spotify Version

whatever222

This stupid bug is still not fixed! Extremely annoying. I tried everything and wasted my precious time with it. If the devs do not manage to fix this, please hire new ones!

Joeydk7

Just re-installed my whole iPhone and watch just for it still not to be fixed 🥲.

wmrichard

Same issue, streaming music to AirPods from Watch only mode also fails. Watch keeps connecting. Tried disabling wifi even setting up a special network for syncing and reinstalling app on mobile and watch. Weird thing is, it worked for me in the past, as if Spotify updated something on their server side.

Plan

Premium Family

Country

The Netherlands

Device

iPhone 7 / Apple Watch 3

Operating System

iOS 14.7.1
Spotify Version

thecrazyman64

Hello,

I cannot stream from or download to my Apple Watch.

Streaming stopped working about 4 months ago without any apparent reason. No OS updates installed between the working state and not working one.

Downloads never worked for me.

I tried the suggested fixes in this thread (and other threads) but nothing worked for me.

Plan

Premium

Country

Romania

Phone device

iPhone SE 2020

Phone Operating System

iOS 14.7.1

Watch Device

Apple Watch SE + LTE (A2356)

Watch Operating System

7.6.1 (18U70)