Premium

Country

United Arab Emirates

Device

Macbook Pro late 2019

Operating System

OS X

My Question or Issue

I repeatedly get the firewall error message and I've run every fix suggested on this community. It simply refuses to work. It works perfectly on my Android phone however.

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 9.24.50 PM.png
Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports so far!

As this issue could be caused by individual network setups, we'll mark it as Not Right Now for now since it's something that will need to be looked into individually or could get resolved by an overall system and/or functionality change.

If you're experiencing this, we'd recommend making sure to try all the relevant steps first as these usually do the trick:
  • Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.
If you're still having troubles after checking all these, let us know by starting a new thread in the related Help Board and including all the steps you've tried so far and their outcome. We'll be happy to take a closer look and lend a hand there!
Comments
Xblade

**bleep** Thank you so much!!!!! I thought I would never be able to fix it!

FrancescoGmuzzo

Hehe I'm glad to read this 🙂

ardhiansyahaa

thanks.. it works

CoccoMusic
if you want to do it on MacOS:
1. Open your terminal
2. Type: sudo nano /private/etc/hosts and press enter
3. Type your password and press enter
4. Now you are able to modify the file with your nano editor, so..
5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address and delete it (move with arrows and delete with backspace key.
6. When you're done press CTRL+O (not CMD+O) and ENTER to save the modifications, then press CTRL+X to exit
7. Close the terminal and restart Spotify
mikey1666

USA premium plan.  Using OS X El Capitan.  I was logged into the site and was able to listen to music earlier today.  Came back to the computer this evening and I wasn't able to hear anything. I have been logged in for months but wasn't using the app. Logged out and tried to log back in, but now I'm getting the firewall may be blocking, but firewall is not on.  Tried changing proxy to no proxy but didn't work.  Changed it to auto detect, that didn't work either.  Can listen on iPhone X, but also, have been logged in on phone for months but didn't use the app so not sure if I log out what will happen.

Muhammed_Ali23

Plan

Free

Country

Turkey

(Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

İ cant log i sent screen shot

Screenshot_1.png
roriblack

Plan

Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

MacBook Pro

Operating System

Sierra

So I've seen a few threads about this issue but still no proper solution. I accidentally logged out of my spotify application on Mac and now I can't log back in. My spotify country is set to the Philippines but right now I am in Australia, however, my account is Premium so I can't change the country. I am still paying for the Premium subscription in the Philippines so it shouldn't matter if I am in Australia right now because I should be able to access my account anywhere. I don't have firewall turned on and I've tried changing my proxy settings and reinstalling twice already. I can still use the web player and iPhone app. What do I do? 

Edit: Since posting this I've tried a VPN and it still will not let me log in

Levi15

Plan

Free

Country

U.S.A.

Operating System

Windows 10

I keep getting this error code 30 that is on the screenshot provided. This happens on the desktop version and the windows store version. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still happens. Also tried lots of different steps, even updating my firewall.

"A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify." (Error code: 30)

Screenshot (1).png
OneByBoo

Hi there @Levi15

thanks for reaching out to the community !

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue, however, let's try a few things together.

I was able to find this great solution to the same issue posted by @EthanS1.

Please follow the steps provided on it here and let me know how it goes.

Waiting on your update 🙂

OneByBoo

Hi there @Muhammed_Ali23,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Please follow the steps provided on this solved thread with the same issue and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted 🙂