Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple SD card storage options are shown in app settings

Hey everyone!

We've been receiving reports about the app displaying multiple SD cards in the storage options. 

OI.png

If you're experiencing this, let us know by adding your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey folks,

We just wanted to confirm that the right teams are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, at the moment, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again for reporting this!

Comments
rbsbd

Hi. 

I raised the issue mid october and app version was 8.6.70.1102.

The Spotify support asked me to delete cache/data or reinstall app. Never worked.

• device + OS version: Samsung S20+ 5G aka SM-G986B / Android 11
  • exact Spotify version: 8.6.88.1104

phr0zengh0st
  • device + OS version: moto g power (2021) + Android 11
  • exact Spotify version: 8.6.88.1104
henry_h

Hi Spotify,

This issue has been happening with my device over the last few weeks and it has led to my micro SD card getting corrupted.

In "storage" I have 3 SD cards + device storage showing when I just have one SD card in my device.

I first noticed the issue when I was trying to download all my "liked songs" (1500 tracks) to my device, during which the storage would switch to one of the imposter SD cards resulting in my device storage getting filled up. I tried some basic solutions like clearing the Spotify app storage and cache and deleting the Spotify app but it didn't fix the issue. During a later attempt to get the tracks to download my device made my SSD card read only and said it was corrupted. I see some people have the issue when their device restarts, I am not certain if that is happening here with me. 

Downloading tracks is a key part of my Spotify Premium experience and so I really hope we can get this issue fixed.

Device: Samsung Galaxy A40

Android version: 11

Spotify app version: 8.6.88.1104

Thank you for your help with this,

Henry.

Eclapsed

Hello! I have been having this issue for months to no avail. I loved spotify and bought an entire 1tb just to have my entire library on my phone. over 900 songs in my likes, albums upon albums, and podcasts galore cause thats what keeps my mind engaged at work where i have no reception. Now if u look at 1tb micro sd's, they aren't necessarily cheap so that was an investment. So imagine my suprise when I go on spotify and notice 3 sd options like everyone else, 2 in the root internal folders of my phone I have no access to and my actual sd I can't even download to cause once i do and go to a place with wifi my phone switched to one of those clone sd choices and redownloads more data than that folder can handle WHILE screwing me out of all my downloads 🙂 ! I have gone rounds and rounds with spotify via email. using multiple devices, multiple spotify company accounts, and new branches of help that they call somthing like Upper echelon super secret engineer branch (okay I added some sprucing to that but it basically sums up their titling for their branches of support) JUST for them to nicely tell my to go get lost by saying okay we're officially sending this to our super duper branch that'll look into this and we'll let you know when we find something! ...... yeah that was like 3 months ago. And now I find this where they're telling people "Hey! even though so many of you are having problems. Its your devices fault! Not us ;)" What kind of business model is that?! What can your engineers possibly be doing its not like we have any cool new features we've been asking for for the past handful of years. I'm tired of dealing with this problem and honestly I'm going to try to get in contact with every Tech social influencer I possibly can and send them all this just to show what kind of support Spotify gives to their customers. Think this is a bigger middle finger than the ebay gpu sellers that send printed picture of 3090ti's or anything to that level.

Lostcat

I have the same problem.

Device: Samsung Galaxy M31
Versione spotify: 8.6.94.306
Plus, there is no way to make lyrics appear. It is not my phone or the sd card's problem, since I used a veeeeery similar app to Spotify and I never had any problem. 
Screenshot_20220111-161003_Spotify.jpg

z3karlos
Device: Samsung Galaxy A71
Versione spotify: 8.6.96.422
9933F44A-4B56-41DD-BBE3-60A3EA5A25D3.jpeg

Jessi_Z99

I have the same problem. Spotify shows me 3 SD card options but when I download the songs, they are all on internal memory.

I have just bought a new phone on which I have the newest spotify update. I never had this problem on my old phone with a very old spotify version. The SD card is new and works for every other app except spotify. 

My phone now:

Samsung Galaxy S10e

Android 12

ttrindade

I have the same issue, I am trying Amazon Music and Deezer, if spotify don't work to correct this issue I am going to another service.

Bblanco

Same issue here.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G

Spotify: 8.6.96.422

Also Spotify switches storage location from SD card back to internal storage after every reboot of the phone. It has been doing this since I got the phone and first joined Spotify about a month ago.

SD card is a brand new Samsung EVO Select Plus

Screenshot_20220116-184910_Spotify.jpg

Planefan08

Same issue here. Gone on for well over a year (if not longer; I hadn't tried until then) and I also can't keep my music library on SD card any longer when my device restarts. This is incredibly irritating to me as I specifically bought a 64 GB device with a 128 GB SD card for Spotify to use said SD card! Not sure if it's worth noting or not, but all my other apps seem to work fine on the card, even ones stored entirely on the card themselves (not through Internal Storage; disabled by Samsung). I appreciate that playing my old iTunes library I keep on the card through Spotify still works though.

Samsung Galaxy A51 (SM-A515W) running Android 11 & OneUI 3.1

Spotify version 8.6.96.422