Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Now Playing bar missing on Android

Hey folks,

We have received reports that Android users (mostly Samsung users) are unable to see the Now Playing bar on the app whenever they play songs/podcasts.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Hello everyone,

We've been continuing to gather your details in this thread and further looking into matters.

As mentioned previously, the issue with the now playing bar had been resolved for the majority of users about a month ago. The common denominator with every report received afterwards was that this was still intermittently an issue on Samsung phones. 

There's most likely something within how the affected phones process and handle the Spotify app that still causes the now playing bar to misbehave. We'll continue to work on optimizing the app and trying to find a permanent solution for those affected.

While this is ongoing, we want to thank @Tom0527 for posting steps that provide a solution by modifying some phone settings. Follow the instructions in his post and you shouldn't have any more troubles. 

As we now have enough information, the general fix is in place and there's a device-specific solution, we will be marking this thread as Fixed and closing it. With that being said, we want to reiterate that we'll continue in our efforts to improve stability for all supported phone models from our end as well.

Take care!

Top Answer
Elena

Hey folks, 

Thanks for visiting the Community. We are investigating this issue again now in 2024.

Go here to learn more and leave a comment with your details.

Thank you!

Comments
Daledrea

I don't have a now playing bar on my Android phone.

**bleep**

Misslind

It's been about a week now but it comes a goes. Some times when I play music I get the playbar, other times I don't. Still plays music but no way to see what's currently playing/queue/recently played.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Samsung S21 FE 

kimnil80

I have this problem. Very annoying! Please fix this asap. I have a Samsung Galaxy S20.

soveryclever

Galaxy S21 Ultra. Now playing bar is missing most of the time. Super frustrating!

I keep trying to follow instructions but the same issue with the play bar  DISAPPEARS!!!!!

Hi I am still having issues with the play, pause button disappearing, can someone help me please?????

**bleep**

tunaman_jim

It's only been a couple days, but it seems like the new version fixed the issue for me [Moto G Stylus 5G, Android 11].

Anecdotally, it seems like Moto users are now fixed, and most of the people still having issues are using Samsungs.

Triniman1984

The only way to stop the music is to force stop Spotify.  This shouldn't be. Can't keep spending money like this 

alanbull

I updated the app a couple of days ago and am still having the problem. What is the version number of the supposed fix?