Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Performance issues on iOS devices

Hey folks,

We've received reports that iOS users are experiencing technical issues on their devices (running version 8.8.72.623 or higher). The app is crashing or the playback suddenly stops.

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should be fixed in version 8.8.81.573. If you don't see a pending update, you can manually update from Spotify's App Store page.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Top Answer
Vasil

Hey folks!

For anyone still experiencing this issue - please refer to the new thread over here.
We'll keep you posted!

Comments
LoveAlways

I pay for the Spotify Premium Family Plan and we are having the exact same issue. I literally tried every troubleshooting method and others as well. We’re still not able to listen to our Spotify without it crashing a few songs into our playlist. Please help

mattbredin

ive brought it to their attention and they just said, thanks for telling us.

mattbredin

try posting to their twitter Spotify Helps

Jena426

This is ridiculous. We pay premium and to have to reboot the ipod after the update is just too inconvenient.  I have my playlist downloaded so the stopping randomingly doesn't make sense. I pay for premium to download the songs so I don't use the WIFI while at work because it's not allowed. Spotify, fix the issue instead of saying it's been brought to your attention and release an update. Obviously something is wrong with your last update. 

mattbredin

they tell me to restart my router....they are not helpful.  this is obviously an issue caused on their end by the software update

gt34

That would be extraordinary if that works. 

I have Spotify 8.8.72.624 also installed on iPhone 12 , iOS 16.1.1 , on the same network as the iPhone 6s. 

I am experience no issues on the iPhone 12. 

LarsG2

Plan

Premium

Country Belgium

Device

iPad 7th generation

Operating System

iOS17

My Question or Issue

Since approximately a week and since your latest update, the app freezes the playback on my iPad after a couple of songs. Only a full restart of the app solves the problem, but it then freezes again after a couple of songs.

I have already tried the following:

- apply all available updates both for Spotify and iOS;

- Fully uninstalling Spotify and then installing it again;

- Clearing the cache of Spotify on the iPad; 

- Downloading the playlists I'd like to play locally.

- checking the internet connection - it's fine - I use the same WIFI router for all other devices and they (as well as the iPad for other apps) work fine.

I would be grateful if you could solve this problem as quickly as you can - I use Spotify daily when working and use my iPad as my primary playback source. If you cannot solve this, I will consider switching to Apple Music.

Anon211

Just updated to Spotify version 8.8.74.707 and the issue is still happening.

dj_vj

Updated to 8.8.74.707 and issue is still happening to me too

darrenlewis

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPad Pro 12.9 (1st Generation)

Operating System

iPadOS 16.7

My Question or Issue

SAME! App stops playing music and the album cover is replaced with the default music symbol. Sometimes it will play for 2 songs, sometimes longer and then it just stops. Have to kill the app and restart to get anything to play again.