Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stops after playing few songs on Echo devices

We've received multiple reports where repeat stops working & playback pauses after a few songs on Amazon Echo devices.

Hey there folks,

We've checked with our teams and this should now be fixed for everyone 🙂

Make sure that your Echo device is up-to-update, should you still experience issues. You can do this by asking Alexa for an update with the voice command - "Alexa, check for updates".

If the above doesn't do the trick, and the issue persists, we recommend that you create a new thread on our Help Board, so we can look into it further.

Cheers!

Comments
havocnz

Having the same issue.

Happening on Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon)
1.2.35.663.gb699649e running on my MacBook Pro

Echo 4th gen.

Also occurs when I'm asking Alexa to play, or streaming from device. Have unlinked, updated, rebooted, restarted, everything that is recommended here or in any other thread I can find online.

usually after about 20 minutes after putting music on it randomly stops and i half to press play again. i’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the app and clearing cache but nothing seems to be working.
rj02

bro it’s 2024 and they still haven’t fixed it 😞

waces

No groupping on the device side (it happens for groups as well as single devices)

waces

Spotify is the default player within alexa.

The aleza routie was disabled and reenabled (requires reauthentication on spotify side)

Issue still persist.

waces

The same for all devices under “devices” in spotify not just alexa ones. Direct (bluetooth connection) works fine on all (as i mentioned in the original post) but that’s not a solution.

Exact spotify ansos versions are in the original post as well as the troubleshootnling steps (reinstall apps,integrations,clear cache,etc)

eme2

Only happens to me on Alexa Echo Dot 3

• Spotify app version installed on Android is 8.9.32.624
  • My device is a Google Pixel 6 XL with updated Android 14
  • The bug started last week, around Thursday the 18th.
  • I've tried everything, rebooting the router, clearing the app storage and cache, uninstalling and installing the app, factory reset echo dot 3, disabling and enabling the skill.
waces

Same happens onecho dot 4th gens as well. Both using the desktop app or the ios app. Started around the same time

SLL78

I have the same issue, I have an Oppo, with the most current version of Android, I have completed a full clean install of Spotify, changed passwords and logged out of all devices. I have the issue on both phone playback and on my Alexa Speakers. 

Edit: I'm a Muppet, it's actually only when streaming to or playing directly through Alexa app and speakers. Going through non-alexa devices it is fine. I will look at updating firmware for the Alexa devices and my WiFi. 

Welly_works

So I have been experiencing the same issue, started a few days ago. I play Spotify through my echo dot, have a playlist, put it on shuffle, just keeps stopping after every song or every few?! I have reset my router, removed Spotify from Alexa app and then added it, restarted echo dot. Nothing has worked, it’s still happening and is very frustrating.