Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stops on mobile devices. Progress bar stays at 0:00.

Hey folks!

We're getting reports from both Android and iOS users about the app stopping audio playback. This usually occurs after successfully playing 1-3 tracks without issues.

We wanted to let you know that this is being investigated and we'll keep you posted on how it goes in this thread!

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and sharing your troubleshooting info with the Community!

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
timonium1

Having this same issue.  It seems to happen more with more popular music playlists and less with background music, less popular playlists.  I've even replaced my phone, iOS, (for other reasons) and still having this issue.  It happens no matter my location or network (wifi or cell).

I've used Spotify extensively for many many years and not had this issue until recently (a few weeks).  It's so bad that I'm not sure if I can keep using Spotify but I'm hooked on listening to music while I work.

axi_geek

Is there any updates on this? I've cancelled my spotify because there's no point in paying for it and have switched to apple music. Ideally i'd like spotify to work though.

tim__c

I requested (and received) a refund for last month and a service credit for this month due to this issue, and will continue requesting refunds/credits until it is resolved. I’m not going to pay for a service that has had a critical issue on my primary listening platform for months. I listen to a massive amount of music, and had to purchase an app to sync my library to Apple Music so that I can listen to music while on the move. This isn’t sustainable for much longer. 

Subteam

Any update on this issue ... it's starting to get ridiculously how long this takes!!!!!

I can't play any song or album from my Samsung phone.  Bar stays at 0:00 and play or pause does not make any difference.

If I connect to my laptop, play and pause make my song play on the laptop????

What is happening.

Have this issue now for about 2-3 weeks.

ÆD

Please fix this!!!

MihailY

Hey everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

The relevant team is still working on resolving this. It would be of great help for them if you could send us a video showing the issue along with the model, OS and Spotify version of the affected devices (if you haven't already).

Cheers!

Timpe90

I think this issue has something to do with bluetooth connect or headphones. I have same problem with spotify and youtube. All music plays just one sec and then pauses immediately. And it does this only when i have bluetooth headphones connected. When i play with phone speaker all works fine. @MihailY 

Novy

Hey folks,

If you haven't already, make sure to send the video and the info that @MihailY requested above. This will help us continue to investigate the issue.

We'll be on the lookout!

WulfricWulfstan

I'm running a Galaxy A10 and the other day, 2nd Oct, there was an Android update, which I left running. When I went to listen the next day I got no sound via Bluetooth or cable headphones. It worked via Alexia, but nothing out of the phone. I then noticed that the tracks wouldn't play. You hit the play button and it switched to the pause button, but no movement on the audio track bar.

In the end I gave in and removed the App. Once reinstalled I saw that although my playlists were there, they contained no tracks. I followed the the advice in another post and this appeared to fix the problem. However when I pointed the App to my SD card as storage, the same thing happened again, no tracks listed. I also can't switch back to internal storage. What's going on?

Chamga

A few days ago I noticed the same issue happening on my android/emui device. 

A few seconds after the phone locks the playback feature stops working, and if I unlock it and go to the app again to play the song, the song starts again at 0:00. 

I have noticed that any song plays smoothly as long as the phone screen isn't locked, which is obviously quite inconvenient. I have already tried removing it from the ram, updating it, clearing the cache, deleting it and installing it again, checking for software updates as adviced and nothing seems to help...