Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently Played section missing from Home screen

Folks are reporting that the Recently Played section is missing from their Home screens across platforms.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone 🙂

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Cheers!

Comments
eviechic

We’ve had this happen several times and I swear their team is experimenting. We’ve gone years without this issue, and suddenly in the span of a few months, we’ve had our “recently played” disappear and other needless features pop up, like the absolutely useless grid up top with podcasts and programs I listened to ONCE months ago. Like I do not need that, I did not ask for that. 

My gut feeling tells me they’re trying to improve any given product design KPI, like time on app, deep navigation, number of playlists per user, or Spotify playlist engagement. Think about it: The “recently played” acts like a backlog (as another user said) where we can quickly hop around without needing to add any of those playlists, albums, or song radios to our library. 

By forcing us to manually search for our favorite playlists, add playlists to our library rather than keeping them on the “recently played,” and listen to the Spotify playlists they’re promoting on the home page, they’re improving all of these metrics. As well as the metric of my irritation and impatience, which is quickly ramping up. Goodness gracious. 

Either that, or they’re trying to create a “FYP” experience on the home page. But I don’t want FYPs outside of social media platforms. I want to find my favorite music, quickly, and I keep ALL of my music on my recently played. I honestly use "recently played" more than I do the “Your Library” page. (Back to my point about improving metrics. But metrics should never come before the user experience.)

eviechic

datsimpossible_I LOVE using “recently played” as a backlog. Especially for song radios I’m feeling lately. And then when I’m no longer feeling those songs, I simply let it fall off the “recently played” so my most recent favorites are near the front! It’s the perfect system

Lupo332

I thought I was the only one who listened from Recently Played 😂 I have some playlists separate from my "favorite" music and I always listen from Recently Played and discover new music that I usually like, really this section is very important to us.

Willie313

Spotify, stop screwing with the home screen. Everyone uses and enjoyed the recently played section! Just leave it please!! Knock off the tweaks, it hasn’t make anything better. 

Conway

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Ipad Pro

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I have two ipad pros, and they have both lost the recently played items on the front screen. As this is the most used feature of the app for me, when I can I expect to see it return? 

Grazzt

Where is it ??

I want my Recently Played list, I don't care about your stupid podcasts or your stupid daily mixes, I want MY own playlists !

I swear they're doing everything they can to make us switch to Apple Music...

uziliv

Same here. This was by far my most used section. Please put it back

Kiril
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version

• exact Spotify version

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

In the meantime, you can access Recently Played by entering the following link in the app's search bar: https://open.spotify.com/genre/recently-played

Amayy

Hey there, thanks for asking in the Community!

This seems to be related to an ongoing issue about the recently played section being missing from devices. Please go ahead and mention your device details with the Spotify app version after voting on the issue here.

leonardm

Plan: Premium

Devices: MacBook Air Ventura 13.1 Spotify 1.1.19.941, iPhone 12 iOS 16.6 Spotify 8.8.66.570

Like others, I've noticed the Recently Played section has disappeared from the Home screen on both mobile and desktop. This was pretty much the only section on the Home page that I used regularly. The play history (clock icon on mobile) is not an adequate replacement for this. Please restore the Recently Played section, and please stop removing it (if this is some kind of experiment - as I've noticed it disappear a few times in recent months).