Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app not loading on Android devices

We're receiving reports from Android users who say that when launched, the app gets stuck on the Spotify logo, refusing to load any further. This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
SimpleLife

It's been 3 weeks since I've been able to open the Spotify app. It just shows me the logo. Have tried everything suggested to try. Still no access to app.

I have a Google Pixel 3a phone.

I have Spotify Premium.

Glad to see this issue is being investigated. Please help!!!

Clemclem52

App is not working on Android!

Teoman_

Bonjour @Yordan,

J'ai eu un problème avec mon application, les musique s'arrêter toutes les 5min, puis j'ai été "enlevé" de l'application. Je me suis déconnectée puis vider le cache et désinstaller l'application et étreindre mon téléphone, j'ai réinstallé Spotify tout ça correctement est cela ne fonctionne toujours pas, et maintenant je reste sur une page blanche avec le logo Spotify. 

• Nom de l'appareil : Xiaomi Poco X3 pro / android 12 / MIUI global 13.0.3
  • La version de Spotify que vous utilisez : version 8.7.48.1058
  • Le dépannage effectué jusqu'à présent :  Désinstallé, redémarré, réinstallé (x3 fois).
rebeccageurin

They sure got my payment. 20 buck for an app I can't use. When do we start using legal action?

DMYZ784

I have a samsung S9 and appear to be having the same issue as everyone here.  The app started getting extremely laggy and unresponsive a few months ago, but I finally decided to uninstall and reinstall it thinking that would solve the issue.  Now it gets stuck on the splash screen with the spotify logo indefinitely.  Seeing as how this has been an issue for weeks should I just cancel my spotify premium account since I clearly do not have access to it and the problem hasn't been solved for weeks?

man1208

@rebeccageurin

You can not take legal action as its says in the terms of service there can be technical issues.

"Service limitations and modifications

We use reasonable efforts to keep the Spotify Service operational and to provide you with a personalized, immersive audio experience. However, our service offerings and their availability may change from time to time, without liability to you; for example:

The Spotify Services may experience temporary interruptions due to technical difficulties, maintenance or testing, or updates, including those required to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements."

rebeccageurin

Technical issues is one but this is beyond that. Getting charged for a service that you can't access is wrong. If it's not illegal then some kind of retribution would just be good customer service and I am sure if someone could find the right lawyer a loop hole could be found. Just saying.

ShairaAlvarez

The app won't open. When I try to, it just opens with the logo showing up with the middle of a black screen, then never responds after. Tried all the things I could, still nothing happens. Hope my app gets fixed because I use Spotify everyday and subscribed to premium but I can't use it :((

rebeccageurin

Also it says reasonable. 3 weeks without any communication is not reasonable. It's also states with no liability to me. Paying for a service I cannot access is a liability.

misteroks-320
  • Device

Motorola G power, 2020

Operating System

Android 11

• Spotify app version:

• What I did to fix the problem:

1. Removed SD card
    2. Did clean  reinstall several times
    3. Updated phone to the latest stock Firmware
    4. Switched between Wifi and LTE connections