Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app not loading on Android devices

We're receiving reports from Android users who say that when launched, the app gets stuck on the Spotify logo, refusing to load any further. This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
casalo

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Android 10

I tried with both Spotify normal and Spotify Lite. In both I get stuck on the Spotify logo when opening the app.

Dudelord

Hello,

I have a Galaxy A10e. Spotify version 8.7.48.1058.  Home screen loads, but nothing will play, just get the try again message. Library is emptied out. Tried all the fixes I have read in the preceding comments. Phone updated last night, problem began after update. Spotify is dead on my phone.  I have a duo plan, and it still works fine on my wife's iPhone...

Dudelord

OK, so reading older threads I found a fix I hadn't tried yet, so I did and it worked.

-unistall app

-turn off phone

-Remove SD card

-Turn on phone, reinstall app..

This worked for me, I had to open spotify (still buggered, but mt library was back), close it and open it again and bang, it looks good and is playing good. I turned the phone off and reinstalled the SD card... and spotify still works.  Good luck everybody!

ateknrr25

Samsung a71

v8.7.44.968

The troubleshooting done so far. - Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled multiple times.

Enklaar76

I had the same issue. Spotify not loading anymore after logging out and running an update. Tried almost everything which was described here. Nothing worked except for the stupid workarounds with the 2accounts app and using the web player.

However, after noticing another update appeared in the playstore (today?) I ran it to see what happened. And against any expectation it just worked. Everything seems to be running as normal again.

Thanks for fixing it!

robertodonnarumma

It's working again. New release on play store. Thanks for fixing it. Now I can resubscribe again.

OscarDC
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!