Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify keeps playing hidden songs

Since there is no option to delete a song from an album, I hide them and actually I missed that feature from apple music. So there is a lot of hidden songs in my album catalogue and now they just suddenly start to play. Updates and new device didn’t work. If even I hidden and unhide them again, next day same story. How can I fix that help?

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this. We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping the Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
motonomad

I'm a Spotify premium subscriber and have the same issue. Frustrating. Hoping for a resolution.  

Spoty13

Great we all have same issue. Whats next though?

Ramfat

It's been three years.....are your programmers so incompetent that they can't fix this issue?  If I hide a song from a playlist, that means I don't want to hear it, so why does Spotify play it anyway?  DO SOMETHING!

Vasil
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

If you're experiencing this issue, please share the following:
  • the version of Spotify you're running
  • if this occurs with a specific playlist/album/radio/Autoplay-generated queue
  • the troubleshooting you've tried so far
Thanks! We'll keep you posted here as soon as we have any new information to share, so Subscribe to the thread from the three dots menu to stay tuned!
motonomad
I noticed something that may help explain, at least partially, tracks continuing to play after being “hidden”.

My experience with hidden tracks continuing to play was with “2020s Mix”, which was put together by Spotify as a suggested list of tracks I’d enjoy based on my play history. I added it to my Library. When playing it, opted to hide several tracks, which continued to play. Then I moved 2020s Mix...added it to one of my existing playlists. Now when I play it, I see that all the tracks I hid are listed at the bottom of the listing of tracks included, but with a (+) sign indicating I could “un-hide” them, and they thus far have not played when I listen to 2020 Mix. So, it seems the hide feature doesn’t work when listening to lists of songs added to one’s library, but may work if that list is moved to an existing or a new playlist. Just sayin’...
Apricots22

I see I'm not the only one, it is very frustrating. Spotify has made me a really good playlist (that I keep on repeat) minus a few songs so I hid them, but alas, they still keep playing and to chill and then have to keep skipping is such an inconvenience especially when Spotify has also upped their pricing recently. 

I can't even remove the whole song from the playlist... 

LOONATIC-KEP1

This happened to me - I blocked LOONA due to the ongoing boycott of their company, and it keeps playing their music 

Vasil

Hey folks,

Thanks for contributing!
Our tech folks would like to ask you for some additional details on your ends 🙌🏾

Please let us know the following:

• The devices this happens on and their OS versions
  • Your Spotify app version/s
  • A description of what has happened to you (if you haven't provided that already of course!)

Many thanks! 🙂 
We'll keep you posted as soon as we know anything new.

Gateau_des_Anges

Plan: Premium

Device: Motorola G5 (2021)

Operating System: Android 10

My question or issue: 

Hidden songs are still playing, even though they are hidden.

I like to listen to music when I sleep so I'll play a song and let the rest play whatever. I'll usually look through the list of recommended before I settle in and hide the songs I don't want to hear and then shuffle back to the first song. I've also found that the first like 10 'reccomended' songs are the same songs in the same order, so that gives me somewhat of a list to work with, wich I don't mind, I'm sleeping anyways so I just hide have the songs hidden that I don't want to play and move on.

However, I updated Spotify recently, like a day ago, and now that feature doesn't work.

I have songs hidden, but they still play. They have the red mark on them, and the app says they are hidden, but they still play. I saw someone say that hidden songs still play when they are connected to another device but I'm not using any other device, just playing out loud from my phone's speakers. I don't know if it's a setting issue or just a bug but the feature itself doesn't seem to be working other than the app acting like it is.

Is there a way to fix this myself or is this just a glitch on the apps end?

Screenshot_20231103-040534.png
Screenshot_20231103-040539.png
Yordan

Hi there @Gateau_des_Anges,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

Note that hiding songs only affects the mobile app and the current playlist/album. Based on the screenshot you've sent, you seem to be playing from Autoplay, which essentially generates a new playlist and is why the song is played by the app.

There's this idea about having the Hide Song feature sync across all devices and playlists/albums which I'm sure you'll find interesting, so feel free to check it out and give it a thumbs up to show your support, if you haven't already.

Take care.