Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify keeps playing hidden songs

Since there is no option to delete a song from an album, I hide them and actually I missed that feature from apple music. So there is a lot of hidden songs in my album catalogue and now they just suddenly start to play. Updates and new device didn’t work. If even I hidden and unhide them again, next day same story. How can I fix that help?

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this. We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping the Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
motonomad
I’m assuming you have access to my original posting.

Update: The issue concerning hidden tracks continuing to play in the daily mixes seems to have gone away. This concerns daily mixes I’ve moved to a playlist. Today the tracks I’ve hidden in that playlist no longer show. Instead, now I see at the end of the mix are some recommendations Spotify thinks I may like. I guess I’m encouraged to try them and if I like them I can add them to the mix. That’s fine; no problem. This appears to be the case on various devices...iPhone (latest update) using latest Spotify app (latest update) and using latest HEOS app, iPad using latest iPad firmware/software and latest Spotify and HEOS apps. Not sure about the Windows 10 Spotify app.
Owlvsdove

Pixel 7 Pro

Android 14

Spotify for Android version 8.8.80.599

I hide a song in an album or playlist. When I play the album or playlist, the song plays regardless of the fact it was hidden. I have experienced this both while playing the album/playlist in chronological order and in shuffle mode.

benhackett4

Pixel 6

Android 14

Spotify version 8.8.80.599

Same deal as Owlvsdove. I hide a song in an album or playlist, then when the album/playlist plays, the hidden song is not skipped over. Even though the song is hidden according to the UI.

I have noticed it is "intermittent", in a sense. I don't always experience the issue. I'm not 100% sure, but I think when a song is initially hidden, it immediately either enters a good state or bad state. Because I tested with one "bad" hidden song, and no matter how many times I played through the album, the song was always NOT skipped. Then I unhid it and hid it again, and this time it was ALWAYS skipped, no matter how many times I played through the album. But obviously this is very limited data and the theory could be incorrect.

TDog7

I've had this same issue for months. I've been waiting for an update to fix it, but I updated today and it hasn't helped. I'm using Android version 13 on Samsung s21fe and Samsung tablet a7. It does it whether I'm using earphones or not on both devices, and through my car stereo from my phone. I've tried asking for help through the Contact Us feature, but they just wasted my time and said it worked their end. I felt like he was trying to make me look stupid. I even sent a screenshot to show him it was doing it. I wanted help, not to be made to feel like an **bleep**. I'm not good with technology but I've tried looking in the settings and all the basic things but nothing works. Please can you sort this? I pay for Premium but why should I continue to use an app that doesn't work properly? Why give us the hide feature if it's not going to work?

Adam1313

Great post, didn't know other apps actually let you remove stuff fully for consideration, thanks! Thought this was like a universal problem that didn't get offered. And it hasn't really worked properly ever for me, so glad I found these forums. 

Device: Samsung s20fe

Android 13

Spotify version(should probably make it easy to copy and paste right from the app): 8.8.82.634

What happened: It's never really worked for me. I've seen the hide option a few places but no matter what those songs still stay in rotation and end up encouraging more of it. 

Pretty much only listen to playlists I make these days because couldn't handle the algorithm changes combined with unable to filter out artists or songs completely. 

cstark27
  • iPhone 14 Pro iOS 17.0.3
  • All my songs that I’ve previously hidden on albums and were correctly skipped over have now started playing when I’m playing a selected album. If I unhide and hide the song again, it’ll be skipped. Seems like some kind of internal flag has changed and old hidden songs aren’t being respect anymore?
benstet334

Still an issue here too 😔

Girliedrummer

I thought I was the only one experiencing this! Hiding songs used to work for me. Then a month or so ago I noticed it was always playing my hidden songs on mobile.  I cleared cache, reinstalled the app, unhid and then hid the tracks again. They still play. Some recent update in Sept or Oct must have broken this feature. I'm glad to read it's under investigation. 

I use:
-android
-version: 8.8.88.397

I have the same problem playing hidden songs in albums...
I found that when I block them it works for a while, but after several closes and re-opens of the app, it stops working and the hidden songs start playing again...
Subsequently, it is enough to reveal one hidden song and then hide it, and it works again for a while. After closing and opening the app a few times, it doesn't work anymore and the hidden songs are playing again...
I'm a new Spotify premium subscriber and it's pretty annoying…

supplemented by 211123
I also found out the following and it could be important information for developers: when suddenly hidden songs start playing again even though they are still gray with hidden status, just select any song that has a hidden status, then unblock it and then mark it again as hidden...
After these actions, all hidden tracks are blocked (in all albums where there are hidden tracks) and are not played...
Unfortunately, after some time, and especially after several closings and subsequent openings of the application, it does not work again!!!

cbertho

Hello,
Still the same pb for years :-(.
For me, the pb is everywhere : Samsung tablet, differents Samsung phones, but also on WebPlayer and Windows app on Win 10 Asus laptop !
Very enoying, especially when the f*cking song is present on a lots of Spotify playlist !
If Spotify does not do anything, I think I leave to YouTube Music ... even after 10 years of fidelity !
Please, fix this easy pb !