Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to start the Spotify app in Volvo Sensus

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports about the Spotify app being stuck on the loading screen on the Volvo Sensus infotainment system.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
MortenGr

Hi all just been in contact with spotify support and a supervisor. Volvo has developed the app and spotifi can't help... so I will try volvo 

thistle3000

My 2017 V90 as well. Spoke to Spotify and they said they are aware and working to resolve. Hopefully they sort it out soon!

MortenGr

Funny to me they could not help....

Have sent volvo a mail to.

Screenshot_20240207_211248_Chrome.jpg
attila1814

As long as they’re aware of the issue now. I’m sure they’ll just send a fix for the sensus when they get it figured out whats wrong. Thanks all for the updates^^

ErwinH

I wrote a longer reply but even the forums are buggy!

You can get around it by starting a playlist on your phone and then use Spotify connect to transfer the playback to the car. Then you can skip songs as normal, and no loss in quality. I think you may have to be connected using Bluetooth och USB. This is not the same as connecting through Android Auto.

Spotify connect is quite buggy though, so it may or may not work.

alfaiate

Same here (XC40). Did a factory reset with no luck. Don't tell me that this is going to be another "ping pong" not taking responsibility between Spotify and Volvo. Again, as it was the last time with the "no images" bug, this is clearly a Spotify problem. It was resolved with an update from Spotify not Volvo. Hello there, Spotify! Can you ear us?

MortenGr

My local volvo dealer has filed a technical case to volvo sweden.

Pattoon_one

Hello,

I confirm that the Album Art problem is solved.

But just some months later we have another big problem.  This time its even worse because the behaviour is the following:

- The Embedded Spotify App in Volvo Sensus does no more startup

- Impossible to open the library or the preferences. 

- On the main screen there ist just a spinning wheel (internet connection is working) 

- The last used playlist/album continue to be played in repeat modus (but you can not chose something else).

To resolve the problem I tried to desinstall and reinstall the Spotify App in Volvo Senses. Reinstallation worked but with the bad result, that I can no more pair my Spotify Premium account ==> the same spinning wheel give me not the possibility to go to the Spotify pair screen. 

To say it in other words, since this Tuesday (06.02.2024) I can no longer use Spotify in my Volvo Sensus !!!  

Please help!

Best regards

Vovlo Sensus.jpg

MarekR

Same, 2017 V90, Estonia, last 3 days. Luckily there is a workaround: the content still plays and I can select music in my mobile app. The car app replicates mobile app choices almost instantly.

Pattoon_one

I have the same problem. 

- The Embedded Spotify App in Volvo Sensus does no more startup

- Impossible to open the library or the preferences. 

- On the main screen there ist just a spinning blue wheel (internet connection is working) 

- The last used playlist/album continue to be played in repeat modus (but you can not chose something else).

To resolve the problem I tried to desinstall and reinstall the Spotify App in Volvo Sensus. Reinstallation worked but with the bad result, that I can no more pair my Spotify Premium account ==> the same spinning wheel give me not the possibility to go to the Spotify pair screen. 

To say it in other words, since this Tuesday (06.02.2024) I can no longer use Spotify in my Volvo Sensus !!! 

Vovlo Sensus.jpg