Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Playlists not showing playlist creators after latest update

Hey folks!

We noticed that playlists are not showing playlist creators after the latest update on iOS.
This is being looked into 🙂

1ca0c8d438d0f48627039750c60f5e4dfe1acabede88e6fe5647bdb58166c7c8_uuid_4c17a877-c546-4e0e-916b-704de5bcb4c2_28-09-2023_15-09-36-896.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Cheers!

Comments
TapLover

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPad (5th generation)

Operating System

iOS 16.2

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I cannot see anyone's usernames while browsing through their playlists after updating to the latest version of the Spotify app. Even personalised playlists like the Daylist don't appear to show my username anymore. Is anyone else having the same problem as me?

4C8A9D67-A415-4107-B882-BB8215024408.png
Musiclistener1639

I’m experiencing the same thing

YikesDepartment
Exactly as it says in the title. After the update yesterday, I can no longer see the creators of any playlists I have saved or search up. This is incredibly confusing and now it is near impossible to tell if some playlists are official or not.
Prague

Big yikes, the homie @MattSuda noticed this earlier too. I’ve got the same issue on iPad. It’s believed to be a bug that hopefully will be fixed shortly.

If you hit share the playlist creator should be visible, really shouldn’t have to jump through hoops just to see who made it tho lol

IMG_0260.jpegIMG_0261.pngIMG_0262.pngIMG_0263.png 

I’ll be sniffing around for updates,

-Prague the Dog

Vasil
Status changed to: Under investigation

Under investigation!
We'll let you know as soon as we have any news about this.

Travvvvvvvv

Still no progress on this? It’s really killing Spotify for me. Hope its fixed soon!

TapLover

@Travvvvvvvv Just give them some time… They're not going to issue a new update straight away.

Prossm

IMG_2944.png

Very similar issue here, but a little different. The profile icons are displaying next to each song, but there’s no key at the top. Usually there’s a group of photos at the top of the playlist and I can tap that to see the usernames. This is missing, which means there’s no way to know who “R” or “S” is.

I talked to Support who told me to update my OS from iOS 16.6.1 to 17, but this did not resolve the issue.

mitchieswizzle

It’s been 4 days,when is it gonna get fixed? 

Lulu08

I also have this issue, it’s been happening for days