Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Wrong podcast episode played from Search

We've received multiple reports that when a podcast episode is played from the Search bar, another episode gets played instead of the one selected. This is happening on iOS devices.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your posts and the info you've provided. 

We've received word that this issue should now be fixed in the latest app release. If you haven't already, please update your app to Spotify for iOS version 8.8.36.

If you're still experiencing this issue, there is also the following workaround: Playing the episode directly from the search results, or by adding the episode to Your Library and playing from the library. If the issue persists, let's recommend utilizing the web player for the mean time.

Cheers!
Comments
ankirschner

Exact same issue. Fix it!

c_dubz

This happens for me as well.

Spotify Version 8.8.32

iPhone 12

iOS 16.1.1

Jb8880

I was experiencing the same issue, and  able to fix this issue on my iPhone by going into my recently played list and selecting an old podcast I already listened too, it would play the proper old podcast, then I could go back to the podcast list and select a new podcast and the correct one would now play, it’s almost as if there was a podcast stuck in the queue, and by selecting and old podcast cleared out the stuck podcast.

gpeck

Same issue

iPhone 11

Spotify: 8.8.32

iOS: 16.4.1 (a)

DrDanica

Same issue. Reinstalled and logged in/out, but nothing changed. Been happening over the past week intermittently but today none of the episodes are playing at all.

timmeh81

Same issue. 

iPhone 11

iOs 16.1.1
Spotify 8.8.34.497

Logged out & in twice & completed a clean reinstall. 

Maciej13

Spotify 8.8.32.533

iOS 16.4.1

Exactly same issue. Please fix it, it’s infuriating.

Justfixtheproblem

Still an issue. How is this possibly still a problem?

je4_xez1-1y

This is happening for me too accross multiple devices, in closing Apple Watch, iPad, and iPhone. 
Using the above devices 

Version 8.8.32.533

IOS 16.0.2 

I have two videos of the issue but cannot post them, so I have included an iCloud link. I have to jump through a few hoops on iPad to get the correct episode to play. 

On iPhone- https://share.icloud.com/photos/0cc24Xz8BMOhzCYKKPbNEO6Bw

On iPad- https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ccrEpJCxhP47-XpmTdZmfvqg

bkope11

Can we get an update??? Why hasn’t this been fixed yet? Why is this taking so long?