Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Payment failed" red banner showing despite payments being successful.

We've received some reports of customers getting a notification on their mobile app "Payment Failed: We were unable to charge you. To keep Premium, update your payment method ASAP." despite payment being successful or being part of Premium Family or Premium Duo.

1.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! The message should only appear if your latest payment was actually unsuccessful. Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
AbbyFröhlich

Hi 

Ich habe mit einem Kollegen ein Duo Abo gemacht.

Ich bin beigetreten und es hat am Anfang funktioniert aber nach 2 mal benutzen kommt bei mir immer Zahlung Felgeschlagen, Ich mach die App neu auf und dann geht's wieder.

Ich wollte mich bei meinem Pc auch mit diesem Account anmelden aber beim Pc geht die Fehlermeldung nicht weg.

Was kann ich da machen? 

lumi_nightsky

I had the problem that my transaction is unsuccessful. I contact my bank and there is nothing wrong about my account so I can still use my card. For some reason still didn’t accept my transaction even trying to update my card.

I tried to cancel my personal premium plan and just go on my fiances plan. On my phone it wont update that im on the duo plan
Joan
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! The message should only appear if your latest payment was actually unsuccessful. Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

RadioOneChristian

Most likely a glitch. I've got that before (even though I'm paying for duo) every twice a month.

ayyyesss

i've tried logging out and reinstalling the app as stated and that didnt worki've tried logging out and reinstalling the app as stated and that didnt workalthough im part of a family i get this message.. my account works perfectly fine on web player and desktop app thoalthough im part of a family i get this message.. my account works perfectly fine on web player and desktop app thowhen i attempt to update plan or payment i get this screenwhen i attempt to update plan or payment i get this screennot sure what to do, i clicked 'downgrade' and it kicked me out of my family plan but when i re-joined I STILL get this pop up which is gating me from the app. i attempted to log out and re install the app several times

Oscarhlr

16804519581258182488670876600404.jpg

 The problem doesn't appear to be fixed. I have a duo membership with my girlfriend as a member of my plan. She's verified and all that. On my account I can see that she's a member, and on her account we can see the same thing. Despite this she gets the error message as showed in the picture. In danish it even says, that she's included in a duo subscription. There's no issue with my payments or acces to premium - just her acces.

On a sidenote it's unbelievable frustration, that there apparently are no way of reaching any sort of direct support from Spotify. I mean really? Is this the only way I can adress an issue? I can't have a private message with support?? 

_akkkasuna_

Hi, 

last month, the payment was delayed and now, despite the fact that I paid for the month, a letter comes to the email saying that the subscription payment did not pass, and a notification is displayed in the application. I checked the payment history from the bank account and the payment confirmation is there.

Moreover, there was no notification of an attempt to withdraw a payment from the card in the banking application, and a message about an overdue payment is also displayed on the official website in the information section about the account

FogHorn415

I have the same issue. The payment day was today. I have one notification of unsuccessful payment by Spotify and a successful payment message from the bank. How should I deal with this?

Shubainu

@AlejaR @Joan Hello! I'm currently having the same problem, the bank withdrew funds in favor of Spotify Premium, but Spotify says "there was a problem with the payment" and is trying to withdraw funds again! Can you help me?ф.jpg