Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

3rd Party DJ App Integration

3rd Party DJ App Integration

As a long time Spotify premium user I have been using the “djay” app to mix and mess with my music for years now. To find out that June 2020 will be the last month of this integration is an absolute disappointment. Shouldn’t a service expand their features as it continues to grow? It seems that Spotify has a lost a significant amount of the features that made is stand out from competitors. This is seriously the last straw and will ultimately force me to change to a streaming service that DOES work with DJing apps. 

Top Answer
Peter
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

We've provided more info on this with relevant links in this thread - make sure to check it out.

Thanks again!

29 Replies

We have to stop Spotify from doing this!

Is there a statement, a reason? now we must switch to tidal? streaming is the baddest drm of all.

I have just discovered the djay app, was going to use it for my wedding reception as we have very ... individual music tastes, that a paid DJ doesn't like! Very disappointed that it will no longer work!

agreed! Why remove this feature?! Might be switching to Tidal due to this, please bring this back.

After that Spotify announcement in March (stopping support for all DJ apps) , I was hoping to get a native DJ feature in Spotify, however, it doesn't look like it will happen. Big frustration.

Sooo, I got ready to do this migration. signing up with Tidal, migrating all my DJ playlists. Only to find out now that, more than two months in, the integration is still working??? Can someone from Spotify maybe update on what their plan is with regards to 3rd party support? I would love to keep using Spotify over Tidal because of the social features. Also, I got free spotify pro with my phone subscription 🙂

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

We've provided more info on this with relevant links in this thread - make sure to check it out.

Thanks again!

@Peter Huh?  That only links to a post asking what blog posts are.

Hey @mbug90,

Apologies - I've just updated the link to the correct one.

Thanks for the heads-up!

That’s also not a solution or an explanation. It’s just an oblique and unsympathetic confirmation that Spotify has discontinued deejay support. Not at all helpful or satisfying. 

Hey there @Philzer

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use the app like you could before.

We're always aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue to use it and find it gets better in the future. 

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

Bro I’ve been a Spotify user for 7 years and I loved the fact that I could have access to my playlists on my DJay Pro app. I use it for all my mixing and parties. Are there going to be any other DJ apps that Spotify is going to use instead? Because otherwise I’ll probably have to switch to Apple Music or TIDAL and I HATE those platforms. I loved the fact that I have all my music for years on Spotify and that I had access to all of that for when I DJ. Very angry customer Spotify. I was even thinking of coming to work for you!!!

That doesn't really explain the rationale behind the decision. It doesn't contribute at all to making "Spotify better overall". It doesn't even have an impact on us using the "using the app like before". This has nothing to do with the app but with integration with other parties.

It's obvious to us all that the app is not the product in a user nor business perspective for you guys at Spotify. You dictate the terms of use, set your business plans and make product decisions based on them, we get all that, but the reply you gave is no real explanation at all.

What is the rationale behind it? Business? Copyright or the manipulation of audio? Can you share any more details about the reasons behind this decision, please? I really don't get it since you hopefully won't stop other types of third party integrations like e.g. the Sonos app. Or will you?

Kindly

so, i now use a tidal pro account. 3 months free for algoriddim users. also moved my music with tunemymusic and of the 30500 tracks only 900 were not found. Good cut. algoriddim works as before. but without spotify. will probably not only meet with love in my family that we move the family account, but that's how it is sometimes.

I also switched over to tidal having been with Spotify for years and years. All the playlists etc moved over which is nice. The lack of Bpm information on tidal is annoying at the moment but at least tidal is working. Very poor show from Spotify. 

there is no reason to just take that feature, as it isn't even one of your concerns, beeing a partner softwere. Why won't you just allow DJ Softweres to use spotify again? I don't want to move to a different streaming service... sadly if nothing happens I will need to.

I´m also frustrated and still looking for a alternativ Platform

Worst way to improve a feature is cutting one. If your platform doesn’t have the dj functionality, at least while you implement a similar one you should let your users have an option.

I´ll change to another Platform. I googled a little bit and there are enough alternatives at same Price level with a selection of DJ apps

Suggested posts