Announcements

How do I stop radio from always repeating the same songs in the same order ???

Highlighted

How do I stop radio from always repeating the same songs in the same order ???

Casual Listener

New spotify user here.  Why is radio repeating songs so often by default, and is there a way to make it not repeat the same dozen or so songs over and over and over?

Even if this can be fixed by a change in settings, I'm shocked the default behavior is so bad.

I can't believe I have to go into a help forum to get the answer for this.   I can't believe I had to set up an account on a separate website to get support.  This is so 2010.  They're not even trying.

Also, this bulletin board software is awful.  It's giving me validation messages on fields I've already filled in.  The validation messages aren't even accurate. Spotify does not seem to give a flying f about their customers.

PPS -- Oh my god, this software is so bad.  I've spent several minutes trying to get this to post.  I am astonished that a company with the resources of Spotify can't or won't do better on something as easy as help forum software.

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: How do I stop radio from always repeating the same songs in the same order ???

Hey @tolerant_user,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community. We're sorry to hear you feel this way. We'd love to help you out.

Can you open the app and then click on Settings? Then you can check if the option Autoplay is turned off. If ti is, you can go ahead and turn it on. That way you can allow other songs to play after the last song in the playlist.

Then you can also like and dislike songs in the Radio playlists. By doing that the playlists can adjust more to your music taste.

Tip: You can give these steps a go so you can change the order of the songs.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar
Highlighted

Re: How do I stop radio from always repeating the same songs in the same order ???

Casual Listener

That's a workaround, and doesn't really address the issue.  Do you use Spotify yourself?  Why not just make it so it doesn't repeat the same exact songs in the same order every time we start radio?  This is not hard.  Randomization is not a difficult software problem.  Don't call it "Radio" if it's really just a playlist.  "Radio" obviously creates the expectation that it's more than a set playlist.  The company can't be this stupid so they must just not give a sht.

ps -- How can this forum software be so awful.  It's really not possible to post to two different issues within five minutes without getting a flood warning?  I'm mystified.  Are there any decent software engineers at Spotify?  Is management making their jobs impossible? I'm really mystified by the apparent incompetence and blatant lack of empathy for the user displayed in many areas of Spotify's UI and adjacent software/services.

Highlighted

Visitor
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I repeat, do you use Spotify yourself?  I'd love to know if the Spotify staff responding to these posts actually use the service.  Apparently the executives that run Spotify do NOT use the service, and/or the software engineers who create the interfaces do NOT use the service.  There is no other explanation for some of the awful functionality that has persisted despite numerous complaints from customers.

Highlighted

Hey there @tolerant_user,

Thanks for getting back to us. We understand where you're coming from and will make sure all your feedback reaches the right teams.

After a certain time that may differ between different user-generated radios, it's content does get refreshed. This process can however be sped up by using the like and dislike buttons, so that the algorithm picks up on what you like quicker, as @Ver mentioned.

If you'd and @human156 would like a feature introduced, where the radios get manually refreshed via a single button, we suggest that you post an idea about it. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
SUGGESTED POSTS