Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I stop the optimized playlist function from adding songs to my playlist?

How do I stop the optimized playlist function from adding songs to my playlist?

Spotify recommended me to “optimize my playlist” and since then it keeps on adding songs to my playlist while I’m deleting them. How do I make it stop? My playlist does not have less than 15 songs for this function to be required and was perfectly fine before.

I’m a premium user in Sweden and I use Spotify on my iPhone and iMac 

7 Replies

Hey there @melodyfarshin,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Try heading to the 3-dot context menu of the playlist and disable any options to enhance the playlist there. If you don't see such option, try copying all the songs you want to keep and move them to a new playlist. The easiest way to do this is in your iMac since you can select all the songs from the playlist by either pressing Cmd+A, or selecting the first one, scrolling to the last one and clicking on it while pressing Shift.

Hope this helps. We'll be right here in case you have any questions or need anything else 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Unfortunately for me, I hit that option button on the liked song playlist…this list cannot be removed and when I deleted all my songs in the list, Spotify just fills it up with random songs. It is impossible to turn off the optimalization of the list. Why?? What can be done? Tried fixing it in the browser, but no luck. I turn it off, but every time I re-enter the playlist, it is turnes on again. 
Please tell me that there is something that can be reversered…or is the only way out just to kill off the entire profile (and subscription) all together?? 😫😫😫

Hi there @EngenM,

Thanks for the post.

Can you try disabling the Enhance button on your Liked Songs from your mobile app? If you don't see the button, make sure your app is up to date. It's best you do a clean reinstall to remove all possibly corrupted app data before that. Follow this guide.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thx for the reply. 
I disable it in the app, but every time I re-open the app it’s turned on again 🫣 Right now I’m using a different playlist which works..might try the re-install option later on. 

this is super annoying, my playlists are somewhat sacred for me and some I have been building on since spotify was invite-only. i dont want some automated thing messing with any of them.

please let us choose to turn this stupid feature on and don't force it on us. i for one think this optimizing function is stupid, at least and especially when it chooses to turn on for you.

Swedish Spotify-addict.

How the **bleep** is this a function you just FORCE on people!?

What **bleep**ing moron in your company decided this was a good idea? 

You raise prices and force shitty functions on your customers!?

It's like you are run by a **bleep**ing teenager

I agree with what johanlennon describes. I use my playlists for specific purposes when I want to be in specific moods or need to focus. This function destroys the purpose of self made playlists, as it even turns on by it self at random.

If I want to listen to random music recommended in relation to what I already listen to, I will use the Discovery weekly.

Please explain in DETAIL how this function can be permanently disabled for ones own account, as it is becoming increasingly annoying.

Almost at the verge of just pirating all my music again and cancel Spotify subscription.

Suggested posts