Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums not streaming in their entirely

Albums not streaming in their entirely

Hi team,

I got an alert that an old album of a band I'm following has been uploaded and is now available for streaming.

I was very unpleasantly surprised to see that 2 of the songs were not streamable and were just present in the list, inactive.

The album I'm talking about is Red Sparowes – At the Soundless Dawn and the 2 missing songs represent half of the album, which is really annoying.

Same situation with Agalloch – The Serpent & the Sphere.

Why is this the case? I thought that I'm done with mp3s already.

5 Replies

What country are you in?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Bulgaria.

Please don't tell me that particular songs are available in selected countries only 😄 I can understand this for full albums, but for 2 songs per album...

Actually checking the catalogue both albums you linked and not available in any country on Spotify. The tracks you are seeing as available must be linked to the same tracks on other albums.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

This is not possible (the tracks being linked from another albums). Agalloch's album was released about a month ago, and I don't believe ALL tracks from Red Sparowes' album to have been featured in other V/A albums. Even if they were, Spotify would show this in a search, and it doesn't.

Here we are again, an year and a half later, and nothing has changed, but the list grows.

Only 2 playable tracks from Ulver's new album.

Really annoying.

Suggested posts