Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG TV

Operating System

WebOS

My Question or Issue

Currently my Spotify app on my LG TV will not play video on podcasts. I have reset my TV and reupdated it. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I used to be able to watch video a couple weeks ago but now it doesn't work. 

• TV

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies so far.

Our tech folks have made some changes backstage, so this should now be fixed - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify. Could you confirm that everything looks good on your end now?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

33 Replies

Iโ€™ve tried un and reinstalling and changing accounts but it only plays the audio.

Similar experience with the Joe Rogan podcast. I have an LG TV and a few days ago it stopped playing video. I heard it's a Spotify decision. Thinking of dropping Spotify. I don't like "features" being arbitrarily removed.

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community.

Can you let us know if you're talking about Podcasts or songs with Canvas?

It would also be helpful to know on what device this is happening - device model, OS version and Spotify version.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Same here.  Was able to watch podcast video 2 weeks ago.  Today I was unable to get anything.  I was successful on my iPhone app.  Why has this function disappeared?

Hey @Ellie66,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you let us know if you can't stream a certain podcast or any video podcast? On another note, do downloaded podcasts work?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

The Joe Rogan podcast video playback stopped working for me as well on my LG webOS tv

I've been having the same issue for about 4 days now as well. Yet to solve this one though.

Same issue here done all the above and no change I read that they removed the video a year or two ago from Spotify on Samsung they better not be doing it on lg ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Same problem here.

Same issue with LG CX

Same issue, LG C9. Was working a few weeks ago, super annoying.

Unable to stream podcast video via LG TV.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11, LG 43โ€™ TV

Operating System

iOS 15.5

My Question or Issue

I am NO longer able to stream any podcast videos on my LG TV; I noticed this problem roughly two weeks ago. 
Iโ€™ve been able to watch ALL podcast videos without any issues whatsoever until the last two weeks. I didnโ€™t change or edit anything on my iPhone or my LG TV.

For whatever reason, I can ONLY stream podcast audio via Spotify on my TV. When I use my iPhone, however, I can stream both audio and video podcasts.

Please help - thank you in advance for any/all help.

I have an LG smart tv and JRE video podcast no longer automatically play like they used to 3 weeks ago.  Even I podcast I begun watching only plays audio now. 

I have an LG smart tv and JRE video podcast no longer automatically play like they used to 3 weeks ago.  Even a podcast I begun watching only plays audio now. 

Same here in Australia on my LG CX

Same issue. The only work around I've found is instead of selecting your TV to play, select AirPlay/Bluetooth and then select your TV. Video will then play. Hope this helps.

Hey @BRMORG51,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

This kind of issue is usually related to some damaged files stored on your TV from previous updates. We'd first recommend reinstalling the app on your TV from the available store and trying again to see if it makes any difference.

If the issue persists, could you check if your TV has an OS update pending? This will give us a better look at the issue.

Lastly, in case the issue is still persistent, try it with a different network connection. If you don't have another WiFi network available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to test it.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Marked as solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies so far.

Our tech folks have made some changes backstage, so this should now be fixed - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify. Could you confirm that everything looks good on your end now?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

This is happening with Podcasts. Currently on my LG Smart TV which uses WebOS. It used to play video which is where I mainly use Spotify. After a few weeks ago the video portion does not play, which is a disappointing because this is pretty much the only reason I use Spotify. 

Suggested posts