Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Community] Ability to comment on closed or rejected ideas

[Community] Ability to comment on closed or rejected ideas

Here are two closed ideas which I'm going to reference:

1. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Music-Turn-off-explicit-Album-Artwork/idi-p/4524643
  2. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Browse-Turn-off-explicit-Album-Artwork/idi-p/5257729

Idea number 1 was closed because it didn't receive enough votes. Idea number 2 was a duplicate of idea number 2 so it was also closed. On idea # 2, the status update message claims that you can add comments to idea # 1, but this isn't the case (maybe it used to be, I don't know, but I can't add comments today). However, I believe people should be able to add comments to closed ideas, because otherwise, there is really no way to continue to advocate for that idea and possibly convince other users to upvote it. This has a chilling effect on being able to speak on things that spotify has deemed not worth their time. I mean, once an idea is closed, the chance of it getting any sort of real voting activity in the future is slim to none. At least being able to comment on them would allow further conversation on the idea, and might spark enough interest for people to upvote it. And even if it doesn't, I can't see any downsides to allowing comments on closed items. There are certain closed (rejected) ideas that I (and I'm sure others) would like to give their feedback on just to make their voice heard, but currently, that's not possible (aside from creating new ideas, which are immediately shut down as duplicates). 

2 Replies

Hi @pvanukoff,

Thanks for flagging this with us!

It appears that commenting on 'closed ideas' is currently not possible for users with certain ranks. We've reported it to the right folks to look into and will check back here once we have more news.

We'll keep you posted 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello again @pvanukoff,

Just wanted to let you know that commenting on closed ideas should now be possible for everyone.

Please keep the feedback coming and we'll make sure to continue passing it along!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts