Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting Data and Accounts

Solved!

Deleting Data and Accounts

My Question or Issue

I want to delete the data and cache in my Android app but I got a warning before deleting the data that it will delete data associated with accounts. My gf and I have the duo plan. Will it remove her or I from the shared account?

Screenshot_20220720-170332_Settings.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

cue "The Price is Right" music when you lose 😄

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @Grim_Jim,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

When you delete the cache of the app, it will erase just the temporary files stored on the device and cookies stored from the streaming service and previous updates. This will also delete the downloaded music and you'll have to re-download the tracks to listen offline.

However, the Duo plan and the member who joined doesn't get affected by this process. As the plan is part of your subscription and is not stored on your device, the other member will not lose their subscription, or any other info registered on their device or account. You can feel free to delete those files 🙂

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

cue "The Price is Right" music when you lose 😄

Marked as solution

Hey @Grim_Jim,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

When you delete the cache of the app, it will erase just the temporary files stored on the device and cookies stored from the streaming service and previous updates. This will also delete the downloaded music and you'll have to re-download the tracks to listen offline.

However, the Duo plan and the member who joined doesn't get affected by this process. As the plan is part of your subscription and is not stored on your device, the other member will not lose their subscription, or any other info registered on their device or account. You can feel free to delete those files 🙂

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Awesome thanks so much Oscar. I was worried that she would get booted since I was originally the prime account holder. Have a great day/night.

Suggested posts