Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I add my podcast to Spotify?

Solved!

How do I add my podcast to Spotify?

I mentioned that I have a podcast to a friend, and her first reaction was "Is it on Spotify?", since she listens to "Filip och Fredrik" on Spotify. This is a question that I much prefer to "Is it on itunes?", but it presents me with a problem.

Even though it is hard, I have managed to get my podcast on itunes. But I can find no mentions at all of how to get my podcast on Spotify. And I have searched around a lot. It does not even seem to be mentioned in the forums. There aren't even a proper place to ask the question, as far as I can see.

So... how do I add my podcast to Spotify?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think you will struggle to find one which will do it for free since Spotify doesn't officially include podcasts like iTunes does, so your podcast's will be uploaded just like all other music on the service.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Spotify have a list of aggregators they get content from, so you would need to get your podcasts on one of them. Full details are over on the artist services website:

http://www.spotifyartists.com/guides/#list-of-aggregators

Peter

Thank you for you answer!

So they do not have a dedicated process for podcasts? Even though it is Creative Commons licenced?

Wich of the aggregators accept Creative Commons licenced material for free? Do you know, or do I just have to ask them all? Since I have never made any money from my podcast, nor expect to ever do so, I should also not be expected to pay to get it listed, if you follow my reasoning.

There are a lot of podcast aggregators around (itunes being one of the largest, unfortunatly), but none of the ones I am aware of demand payment for inclusion.

Marked as solution

I think you will struggle to find one which will do it for free since Spotify doesn't officially include podcasts like iTunes does, so your podcast's will be uploaded just like all other music on the service.

Peter

Aha, thats strange. The podcasts already on Spotify is free as well. But I read something in the news of a special collaboration with "Filip och Fredrik", so it might be in it's starting phase.  This might be something that will be offered to everyone further along.

I guess I will just have to tell my friend to go to my webpage and listen to it, for now.

Thank you so much for your help!

I ended up downloading Juice to automatically download the podcast files to My Music/Podcasts. Then added that directory to sources in Spotify.

Happy Listening!

*EDIT ... Sorry I need to learn to read better before I post... I had too many spotify forum windows open and posted a reply in the wrong one...

Have there been any updates to how to upload since Word was launched?

Spotify just announced that they will be adding "shows" as a new feature, meaning podcasts. However, it's unclear if this will only be available to the huge radio shows or to independant podcasts as well. Waiting on Spotify to clear this up...

Hey @extrapaycheck

We do not have any information to share regarding this just yet, but we'll definitely pass on your comments to the relevant team.

Hopefully we'll have news to share in the coming weeks regarding content additions.

According to their Twitter response they will not be including any podcast unless their big name podcast and will not include the ability to add your RSS feed like Itunes does. So if yiur an independent artist as of now you aren't going to get your podcast on spotify. Yeah I know bums me out to maybe it will change but this announcement made me lose faith.

@extrapaycheck @Comicbookjerk

Right now there is no way to submit podcasts to Spotify, but they are interested in your feedback.

If you would like to be able to submit podcasts to Spotify, give this idea a kudo to show your support:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Shows-Podcast-Submissions/idi-p/1139159

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I already have my podcast in stitcher which is owned by Deezer, Just waiting for them to launch podcast feature within Deezer in my country.... 

If Spotify would allow us to add podcasts, then i would be great. I would jump over, but spotify considers the podcast that i work so hard to produce to be and spotify considers it as  second rate, sorry, when the podcast reaches a good following and spotify begs to add it, i will just say no, we were not good enought then, we aren't now for you 

What if you guys did a partership with podcasters.

Thats my ideas:
1- Allow the app to acces all the podcasts via feedproxy
2- Sponsor some of the top podcasts. They would do advertising for you.
Podcasts are a growing media. I live in Brazil and its growing fast here. Spotify should invest in it.

You see Netflix? They make their own content for the platform. This could also be a way of doing this. You could ask those podcasters to do some exclusive content for Spotify. You could even encourage them to voluntarily choose to be exclusivelly in Spotify.

As a consumer, I think that all of this would be awesome. It has the potencial to catalize the growth of this media and once it grew, you guys would have a lot of those podcasts and their money in your hands! Podcasts may be very profitable, you can bet it!

I would like to see this eature added. They would eat SoundCloud for lunch in this area. Many people, like myself, already have unlimited hosting (with regads to space) or cloud services (dropbox etc) and HATE PAYING SOUNDCLOUD.

If Spotify would allow us to add XML like iTunes, it would be AMAZING.

That really sucks! My podcast is on iTunes but I'd love to share it with the Spotify audience too. I really hope they change their stance on this and start accepting podcast RSS feeds. Come on Spotify - get with the program!!

Google Play, Stitcher, Podcast Addict, and Blubrry are free to list your podcast. 😃

Why doesn't Spotify support the same "Podcasts" that iTunes does?  I thought they invented them.  Why can't I simply paste the url in someplace?  Spotify started so technologically advanced but you're slipping.

Suggested posts