Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there any way to find a playlist I accidentally un-followed that someone else made?

Solved!

Is there any way to find a playlist I accidentally un-followed that someone else made?

I followed a playlist made by someone else that I really enjoyed, and I've accidentally unfollowed that playlist and can't seem to find it again. I must be remembering the name of it incorrectly or something.

I haven't listened to it recently enough for it to show in my "jump back in" or "recently played" sections.

I know there's a recover playlist option but it only works for playlists that I've created, and this was a playlist I followed of someone else's making.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So it turns out that I was remembering the name of the playlist correctly, but for whatever reason, it still wasn't showing up when I searched for it normally on Spotify.

I was able to find it by using Google search with a song that I knew was on the playlist, as well as what I thought the title of the playlist was.

So for example:

site:"spotify.com" inurl:"playlist" "title" "artist" playlistname

Really odd that the playlist I wanted wasn't being presented in search results within Spotify itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unfortunately, I could find no easier way to find any unfollowed playlists, and I don't think there are any.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Maybe try to look at your history. I don't think you'll get the playlist but you'll have more songs from that playlist. Next best thing is once you have more songs, try to do a Google advance search or whatever is your favorite search engine and tie the result with the spotify website and use the song titles. It might take a bit of digging

Hope this works

Unfortunately, it doesn't show up in my history either. It looks like the history doesn't specify what playlist anything was from anyways. It's only showing me the artist, album, track info.

I do know some tracks that were on that playlist, and I've tried looking them up through 3rd party services that find playlists with specific songs on them, but it seems as if none of those are working right now for whatever reason. I may try again with those later.

But thanks for the suggestion. 🙂

Marked as solution

So it turns out that I was remembering the name of the playlist correctly, but for whatever reason, it still wasn't showing up when I searched for it normally on Spotify.

I was able to find it by using Google search with a song that I knew was on the playlist, as well as what I thought the title of the playlist was.

So for example:

site:"spotify.com" inurl:"playlist" "title" "artist" playlistname

Really odd that the playlist I wanted wasn't being presented in search results within Spotify itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unfortunately, I could find no easier way to find any unfollowed playlists, and I don't think there are any.

Suggested posts