Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stops after playing few songs on Echo devices

We've received multiple reports where repeat stops working & playback pauses after a few songs on Amazon Echo devices.

Hey folks,

Good news - We've worked together with Amazon to resolve the playback issues on Echo devices, and a fix for this is gradually being rolled out! While we can't give an exact timeframe for each individual case, you should all notice a difference in the near future.

Cheers 🙂

Comments
teuma86

Been using spotify / alexa for years without issue.  I have spotify on all the time. 

This morning, I constantly had to re-tell alexa to play every couple songs. 

However, I have been listening via my mobile while at work almost most of the day without issue.

AveSantini

I am having the same issue that multiple people have already reported.  I've not seen any indication that Amazon are making any progress on this, if they're even working on it at all.  So can anyone recommend an alternative?  I must have a reliable Spotify service and if I can't depend on Alexa for it, I'll go elsewhere. 

Stukkend

Having the exact same issue and it’s incredibly frustrating. When can we expect a fix for this? Been using Spotify seamlessly on my first Gen Echo for years and now all of a sudden it stops playing a playlist after one or two songs. I use white noise on loop for work and that’s also stopping instead of looping correctly. Many, many, MANY people are having this issue.

SPOTIFY what are you doing about this known issue and when can we expect a solution?

Portoman
Yep surely Spotify have to act and sort this out
neil9000

Same issue here, trying to use a sleep playlist of rain and thunderstorms, pretty pointless as its stops after 4-5 two minute or so long tracks, ten to fifteen minutes of sleep sounds really does defeat the purpose if i have to grab and turn on my phone to start playback again, waking me completely in the process.

Soldiabooij

• Does this only happen on your Alexa devices or the same happens if you're streaming directly on your devices (phone, PC, etc.)? 

Happens on my Echo dot, but does not happen when listening on my Sonos speakers.

• Exact Spotify version you're running on your devices

• Exact OS of your devices (make sure to let us know the exact make/model of your affected devices as well)

iOS 17.4.1, iPhone 15 Pro

Amazon Echo Dot 5th generation, Software Version 10101204356

• When did you notice this issue for the first time? Did it start happening after a specific event such as an update? 

Last week

• Troubleshooting you've already tried 

Reset network

Reset Echo device

Reset iPhone

Start playlist on Echo from Alexa routines

Start playlist on Echo with voice control

Start playlist on Echo from iPhone

ObiWaun

Same issue here! I play a sleep music playlist every night, have done for years without any issues.. last week or so, the playlist pauses after a few songs. Tried the steps given but still happening! So frustrating there's no proper update on this bug, I'm at the the point I'm now looking at other smart devices

chrisd555

Any update on this ? Given the large amount of users having the same issue starting at the same time indicates a larger problem - my son has been waking up throughout the night because it pauses. 

waces

Dear support (however it’s more likely a community based brainstorming than official support)

Any update? As far as i can see there are a good amount of users are affected and the ball is on spotify side.

We can skip the basics like reinstalling app.reauthenticate the skill,etc as it’s clearly went wrong in a recent update

dgoemans
After a few song on my Echo it just stops. I open the app, click play and it resumes. The latest reviews on the Echo skill are all about this issue, so it's not just me. Doesn't matter if i play via voice, my phone or my PC.

Steps to reproduce:
- Play a playlist from your library on an Amazon Echo Device
- After several songs it stops playing (always once a song is finished)
- When you open the app, the play button says it's playing, but the time tracker does not progress and no audio comes out.
- Interacting (pressing play/next/etc) resumes playing.